Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC speakers
Skipper,

Find out what sized woofer is in it and add a speaker grill

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=11042171

(01-02-2013, 04:11 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I'm more concerned about the opened sub woofer... but there are no kids in my house and if there ever is, not in that room!

I just ordered a new backup drive. I got the WD passport 1.5 TB for under $100.
All I need now is a place to put this stuff. It is indescribable how tough it is living in this house...

Attached Files Image(s)

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Thanks guys... I was thinking of a piece of black cloth and some Velcro tape. Thanks for the alternatives.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
when I chose these speakers it was not without my research. 1 out of 10 reviewers said "save your money" the others spoke of a sweet spot to set the controls and enjoy the rich tones and sounds of your favorite music or even gaming sounds. I was sold and could not wait to find this sweet spot which I was sure would be any setting for my old and tired ears.
From the minute I hooked these up I was floored. I remember when I was 15 I had this little transistor radio that only played AM stations. It had better sound than these atrocities. I tried all sorts of different configurations and set-ups. Nothing helped. The basic problem is 2 fold... 1, the mid-range speakers face down onto the desk. I thought this would provide good omni-directional sound. Nope, it just sounds like a speaker pointing down. The other speakers in the tower, nestled in their plastic encasement are, at best, the size of a womans watch (not invicta!) and they sound like it too! I tried no less than 7 different configurations in my sound card, checked all my drivers and even tried plugging it into all of my sound ports on my sound card. Nothing helped. The subwoofer is over-driven too. Altec Lansing should be ashamed to put their name on these speakers. They are total crap and would warrant a complaint if I paid $20 for them. Let alone $90. Maybe I was spoiled by my last speakers (oh how I miss them)...
I guess I have 1 more reminder of Sandy in my life.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer