Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DBMW reading for iPhone and Adroid
This works on Android phones that dont have the choice in their settings as well.

If anyone is in a poor signal area they will know that the signal bars on the iphone are not pretty accurate, well to help get a better picture of what is going on you can display the dBm in place of the bars, the lower the number to zero the better.

Here are the instructions, it is fully reversible, it may help some of you:

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: You'll now enter Field Test mode. You'll notice a signal strength indicator on the upper left hand corner of your screen. You can toggle between signal strength bars and a number by simply taping on it. At this point, press the home button to exit the app or if you would like the feature to be permanent, continue on. Don't worry, the process is completely reversible.

Step 3: Hold down on the Power button until you see the ‘slide to power off' bar. Do not power off the device.

Step 4: Press down on the Home button until the app closes and you return to your home screen.

That's it. Even when restarting the iPhone, the signal strength can be toggled between bars and numbers. The closer your number is to zero, the stronger your signal is.

The lower your number, the stronger your signal—but don't include the - sign when evaluating (so, if the signal says -60, that's better than -90).

To return to the default bars permanently, follow these steps:

Step 1: Dial *3001#12345#* on your iPhone then press Call.

Step 2: Press on your Home Button once.

You are welcome hahahahahah
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
The things you learn in the de jungle.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
This is just what i can post here ..... I have other things ...... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(12-21-2012, 08:09 AM)Parkster Wrote: This is just what i can post here ..... I have other things ...... BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I don't think anyone wants to know these "other" things...
--Mike