Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doomsday Preppers
Now that I've got your attention, I'm not really THAT crazy. But, I would like to be more prepared. That, and I can't flash anyone online to get your attention.Bounce

Those of you that have posted have been as prepared as you can be for a natural disaster. Do you have any favorite sites or blogs to get prepared? I don't want to be Zombie-Apocalypse prepared, just Power Out for an Extended Period prepared. I'm not stockpiling rooms of canned goods for 30 years worth of sustenance for 10 people, but my cousin in CT lost power for 6.5 days and a few years ago after a tornado we lost power for 5 days and they were manageable, but I'd like them to be easier if it ever happens again.

Hook me up with your go-to sites and blogs, please. I've been looking around online and have found a few I like, but most are preparing for the end times. While I don't really disagree with some of the things they say, some of it seems really out there. The funniest thing I read: after the election one blog gained 300 new viewers!

And, is there anything I can do for those who have been hit hard? If there is anything you need, just let me know.
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
I have learned that crossbows and samurai swords are good for zombie apocalypse from walking dead, dont want to attract herds by shooting them. Seriously though, probably just need a good generator for power outages.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
Crossbows and samurai swords? Thanks for giving my 12 year old (tomorrow!) a reason to ge the crossbow he wants! No swords though, I don't want to get that close, I'd panic. I'm okay with gunshots, I always thought it'd be great to be a sniper. Except the military requires physical fitness and early mornings and then they combine the two, so I stay civilian.

Most of what I've found I have to sort through for the good stuff.
Haha, couldnt resist. Been watching too much of that show, if thats possible.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
People really need to think deeper then they do, if all hell breaks loose most people will bite the big one. But I always say the guy with the most ammo usually wins.

I keep a few days worth of water around enough food for a week or two and gas for the generator. If it goes past that I have close to 20,000 rds of ammo.Big Grin
I told my hubby years ago (4 years to be exact Wink ) to stock up on ammo. He has enough for hunting season. I guess I'll have to buy it for him now. Lurch- I'm trying to avoid that. I only have a 3 gal water jug right now, but am starting to build up my supplies. Winter is coming and I'm hoping to be ready for a blizzard or just being too lazy to grocery shop in the cold. Seriously, I would like to get enough for about a month, but with teenagers, I'm afraid I won't ever be able to get enough food stored. Today was only day 1, I have lots to do and little by little, i'll get where I should be, I'm just not entirely sure where I should be.
I have sen places that sell boxes of food that are supposed to last 30 days. I would look into them. You can always buy a large lockable tub to store it in.
(11-12-2012, 11:18 PM)Lurch Wrote: People really need to think deeper then they do, if all hell breaks loose most people will bite the big one. But I always say the guy with the most ammo usually wins.

I keep a few days worth of water around enough food for a week or two and gas for the generator. If it goes past that I have close to 20,000 rds of ammo.Big Grin

Only 20,000??? Amateur Tongue Big Grin
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I'm on a local forum & a guy there has a site that has some prep stuff...worth a look IMHO. http://www.zombtac.com/
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thanks Tonto.