Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electrical workers from AL turned away from NJ
Shock and awe!!!!!!!! Seaside Heights NJ sends back four bucket trucks with 6 man crews from Alabama to help restore power to a devastated area.

With all due respect, these ungrateful ba$tards that made this call should be the last to get power back up. WHAT'S wrong with these people???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klPSoD0-XgA

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I hope we're mising part of the story, because that's just idiotic.
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less"

Gen Shinseki
http://m.cbsnews.com/storysynopsis.rbml?...d=57544237

We all know how fair and balanced fox is.
No Justice, No Peace!
To be fair, they all spin the news. Take a little from everyone and form your own opinion.
No Justice, No Peace!
Thats a good long read and I agree most of the time that networks have faves BUT, If you watch the vid you will hear Ray Hardin the guy that runs it all, General Manager at Decatur Utilities call in and say that it happened. Why would he lie and have his people return after paying a bunch of money, gas and time to send help? Those trucks don't put that many miles on them in a year.

This is his Linkden. General Manager Decatur Utilities
March 2008 – Present (4 years 9 months) Decatur, Alabama Area
Manage day-to-day business and operations of electric, gas, water & wastewater utilities.

Now I'm confused and read it 4 times as there dozens of stories about it. The article starts out "Alabama power companies are denying a local TV station's report" to me meaning "companies" as in many from Al. It said there was 145 from all over Al but the 24 from Decatur left from the non union thing. Many people chimed in. Florida Power & Light sent a whopping 860 employees and contractors and that's cool.

Further down the article it reads.

In a press release issued Friday morning, Decatur Utilities said it had sent a six-man crew to the Northeast on Wednesday, bound for Seaside Heights, N.J.
"Communications with Seaside Heights was poor due to lack of cell phone service in the area," the statement said. "Upon arriving at a staging area in Virginia, crews were held in place pending clarification of documents received from IBEW (International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers) that implied a requirement of our employees to agree to union affiliation while working in the New York and New Jersey areas. It was and remains our understanding that agreeing to those requirements was a condition of being allowed to work in those areas.
"As we waited for clarification, we became aware that Seaside Heights had received the assistance they needed from other sources, To be clear, at no time were our crews "turned away" from the utility in Seaside Heights.
"In connection with state and regional public power associations, Decatur Utilities attempted to contact other areas that needed assistance. However, based on the uncertainty of union requirements that we could not agree to and the uncertainty of whether a resolution could be reached, we ultimately made the decision to return them to Decatur after being stalled in the Virginia area most of the day on Thursday."

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

The crew that got us power in Middletown in our neighborhood were from OHIO. I actually spoke to them, friendly as heck and they wanted and did help us in any way they could.

No one was turned away. I saw trucks from various states. We waved to them and they waved to us. Every person on our streets all shouted "Thank You" to them..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Woooo! Thats my home state! Glad they got your power back on Jimmie!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Ohio guys fixed us up a few years ago when we got socked in February. Very nice guys for sure.
No Justice, No Peace!
Thats a Bunch of Bull its a emergency i know of another town that there are no Crews in there and the Power is off because the last storm they put tickets on all the trucks so the people with no Power have to suffer
Take a look at this...I know some people who won't have power until after Thanksgiving

http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/03/amid-s...stay-home/
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles