Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I open my Glenrothes 1985?
So I got a bottle of Glenrothes 1985 and 1995 for my birthday. I have half a bottle of the 1994 left open and about one to 2 drams of the Caol Ila Dave sent me. Should I open the 1985 or save it for later? How long would a bottle of scotch be good for( no Dave I don't need the answer I should finish it with one go as a cork has no place going back on the bottle Tongue.
Keep it out of the sunlight and at room temperature.

It won't go off and it won't age any more
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I am guessing once opened Dave is that correct.
(11-02-2012, 02:31 AM)tarheel7734 Wrote: I am guessing once opened Dave is that correct.

Well the whisky pixies didnt go to all of that bother of making it for you to look at it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dodgy

Keep your whisky in those conditions if you can, even if unopened and being stored for a special occasion, I have 4 special bottles that wont be opened for anything other than my daughters wedding and a grandchild's Christening, they are all in a dark cupboard out of the way and are irreplaceable should they ever get broken or drank. ..... sunlight bleaches away the colour, heats up the whisky and in my opinion destroys it, as well as drying out the cork, amongst other issues you may experience, so its best all bottles are to be kept away from an area that gets blasted with the sun.

Kilt
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I completely agree with Parkster! Very good advice.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Ok thanks for the advice. It is in a room that gets no sunlight. I will probably ope it up Sunday. If I ever get a bottle of 1978 I will most likely hold on to it tilll my 40th birthday or maybe even my 50th. Who knows.