Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
Got an estimate on a new roof of $7,800. Insurance will send a check for just over $1,300 for the damage that was done. It also took into account all the food that had to be thrown out.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
They are a game of how much can they keep and only paid for half for 5200. They did the same thing to me and I called my agent and asked for another adjuster saying the whole roof was needed. I ended up getting a check for 10600. Don't stand for it Jan.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I went with Silver Bullet to gather a few things at his beach house today and do some clean up:
Here's the Bullet standing in front of his house with his Irish Flag.

[Image: 2012-11-28_09-29-58_159_zps473e2783.jpg]

Then we went to my buddies house in Lavallette to help him but of course we took a beer break:

[Image: 2012-11-28_10-47-04_222_zpsaa312086.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-28_11-11-58_870_zps6f8ba368.jpg]

Another day in the books.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(11-26-2012, 08:53 PM)Tonto Wrote: Got an estimate on a new roof of $7,800. Insurance will send a check for just over $1,300 for the damage that was done. It also took into account all the food that had to be thrown out.

Get stuck in to them Jan ...... no way can they get away with that ..... they took your premium month in month out, now they need to come good on their side of the contract.

Angry1
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Today I went to the beach house to fix a few things in my electrical panel before my inspection. Something happen during the storm. All houses have to have a inspection before the town turns on the meter to the house. I hope to have it inspected sometime this week and be the first house on the block to have electricity.
If I pass which I believe I will than I'll put up Christmas lights & put them on a timer. You have to leave the island by 4PM but I figure the police / national guard will get a kick out of it.

[Image: 2012-12-02_11-46-51_514_zpseef2e2ce.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Bravo Jimmie

BRAVO
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
That's awesome Jimmie
--Mike
You can't keep a good man down.

Well done Mum!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Very neat Jimmie!
Git R Dun!
That would be freakin awesome, Jimmie!

Santa4
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"