Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
Oh man that's not the news I was hoping for however I am very glad he is ok. You're right Dave, those things can be replaced...life cant be replaced...
I take back the above statement. I am glad he is ok. That's the news I was hoping for. Sorry I misspoke...
I agree and all have been on my mind with every news pic. All that damage being said to John, Jan, Jim etc, the storm was supposed to be MUCH worse and came in and went 3 days quicker than it was supposed to. Many lives saved from the storm not hooking back around and pounding them. Queens lost 80 holmes in one fire that the wind spread was amazing.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I'm glad that lives were spared for sure. We will continue to keep everyone in our thoughts and prayers
Git R Dun!
More info from Jan:

Initial reports say no power for 7-10 days, though it could potentially be sooner.

Jan talked to MikeD - had had power but no TV.

I feel sorry for all my East coast brothers. But at least Skip has the important things his life and his cigars.
Just terrible. Thoughts and prayers with everyone hit by this storm.
I am not sure what to say really. I feel so very bad for you guys who are effected by this damn storm. Skipper, Jan, Mum, you aall have my prayers and what ever else I can humbly offer up!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
Tough news to swallow. Been getting updates from tank throughout the day.
Put your chin up, pull your hat down, and be a cowboy.
Thanks to Maytag, LK, and others for keeping us updated when other unfortunately cannot. My heart aches for the damage and pain inflicted by this damn storm. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with my East Coast friends and family. Hang in there.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"