Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
Just lost about another 6 roof shingles & about 4 on the main ridge are lifting in the gusts.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
More just blew off as I typed this
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Is water coming in yet Jan?

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Lost power for a little bit. Back on, but don't know how long. I think Jimmie lost power too.
(10-29-2012, 03:36 PM)tafdom Wrote: Is water coming in yet Jan?
I'm inland...not on the water, so I don't have to worry about flooding. But others near the shore are having a lot of flooding problems with more to come. Wind is the worst thing for me. Losing the roof shingles & possibly the power. Saw & heard a few transformers blow nearby about 15 minutes ago.

Skip is on the water...haven't heard from him. Sad
Yeah jimmie is out, I lost for a few hours but rain hasn't been bad.
No Justice, No Peace!
Damn Jan, hold on tight
Over 270,000 homes have no power here now. They are only doing ground repairs right now because of the wind.
Man guys, we are praying every day for you
Git R Dun!
(10-29-2012, 03:59 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(10-29-2012, 03:36 PM)tafdom Wrote: Is water coming in yet Jan?
I'm inland...not on the water, so I don't have to worry about flooding. But others near the shore are having a lot of flooding problems with more to come. Wind is the worst thing for me. Losing the roof shingles & possibly the power. Saw & heard a few transformers blow nearby about 15 minutes ago.

Skip is on the water...haven't heard from him. Sad

I meant is your roof leaking from the shingle loss? Insurance time for all. I bet you won't find a local roofer for 6 months and the thieves slither in. I knew John was on the water and worry for him too.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.