Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
(10-28-2012, 10:09 AM)pt447 Wrote: I read one thing saying its a hurricane in the middle, and a Noreaster around the edges. That doesn't sound very good...

Like an evil tootsie-pop.

All I can do at this point is wait & see.
It is what it is. Just got back from the beach anf boy was the wind blowing and it was only 10AM.

[Image: 2012-10-28_09-57-56_166_zps8acd30fb.jpg]

[Image: 2012-10-28_09-58-21_947_zps20478836.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
We're starting to see some gusts here too. I've heard we are do for at least 35 hours of tropical storm force winds..with several hours of huriicane force & gusts thrown in. Trees down should be the worst here....all our wires are on poles, so that's where it's going to hurt.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Just got a call...The schools are closed for tomorrow.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
(10-28-2012, 12:09 PM)Tonto Wrote: Just got a call...The schools are closed for tomorrow.

Only tomorrow. They announced the NJ schools on Saturday would be closed Monday & Tuesday.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
My thoughts are with you guys, thats one bitch of a storm heading in to your neck of the woods.

We have severe temperature drops and some serious winter weather due to hit in the next week or so .... the ski slpoes are already a no go due to the Northerly we are experiencing .... my house seems to be right in the eye of it as it swirls around Northern Scotland, so my fingers are crossed that my girls will be fine.

Just one of the reasons I take the hit on the fuel bill and the tax bill for my D Wagon for the rest of the year .... it has the capability for getting out of there if the girls need to head South if things get really bad.

Tropical storms for you guys ..... ice age storms for my girls.

Be safe folks ...... please.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
My thoughts are with all of you guys in the path of that mess. I hope you all come out ok.
I like smoking lightning
Just a fyi - the Red Cross has a free hurricane app for Android & Iphones. It sounds pretty helpful, and might come in handy for any in the path of the storm.

Be ready for severe weather with Hurricane by American Red Cross. Monitor conditions in your area or throughout the storm track, prepare your family and home, find help and let others know you are safe even if the power is out – a must have for anyone who lives in an area where a hurricane may strike or has loved ones who do.
From your mobile phone, call "**REDCROSS" (**73327677) and we will send you a link to download the app to your phone or you can download them directly from the iTunes or Google Play app stores.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
A blizzard on our wedding and a hurricane on our one year anniversary. Next year maybe an earthquake???
It might be another blizzard too if the noreaster happens like they say it could. I've been glued to the tube watching the updates. Our hearts are with all you guys.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.