Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
Yeah worried about my family in VA. Looks like it's heading north of that area, but keeping my eyes glued to the interwebs...
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less"

Gen Shinseki
(10-26-2012, 10:27 PM)Dwharmsway Wrote: Yeah worried about my family in VA. Looks like it's heading north of that area, but keeping my eyes glued to the interwebs...

That has to be the worse feeling in the world being away from your family while this is happening.

Which I could help.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
My thoughts are with all the folks in the path of this storm. I hope you can batten down the hatches and ride it out safely.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
And it starts

[Image: E3FF8F7E-EDC9-4ED4-8212-9B4B3B05D256-216...489886.jpg]
you should have seen the gas lines today on Long Island...

by the way, the storm took a turn.. for the worse. It could not hit in a worse spot for my area. Maximum southerly winds and maximum barometer low. And it will be here for around 20 hours, 2 or 3 high-tide cycles. I've been up since 6am working dince 7am on tide-proofing my yard. The house there is nothing I can do. The car I will park on a bunch of lumber (my landscaping ties which want to float away anyway).
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Heading to the beach house tonight to empty out the ice cube maker and bring home any frozen food in the ref just in case.

I'm kind of amazed why people fill up their cars when they will be staying home anyway but I have to admit I also have a full tank of gas.

I'm just trying to figure out how to get gas from the car to my generator if the need arises.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Hope all goes well for you guys.!
--Mike
Good luck guys. I hope I don't flood or lose power Either.
No Justice, No Peace!
I never got a generator....too much $$$ for me right now. But I'm filling up the van with gas later. It has a small generator onboard, so I can use it for small things, like charging the cell phones etc.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Can't believe its the end of October and there's a hurricane coming.