Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
Thanks for the update Mum.

I can't imagine the work that lies ahead for everyone....
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
I'm glad you still have a house,it will take time to get back in shape,the main thing is you are all ok!
They let us in today & the next time we can come in will be on Sunday.
Sunday, I'm gonna start on the garage, remove the sheetrock etc. I didn't have that much to do today as I'm waiting for my crawl space to dry out.
My best friend lives about 7 blocks North of me on an ocean block and he got hammered with water so I gave him a hand gutting his place.

Here's his sailboat, notice how that one side is clean and the rest is dirty:

[Image: 2012-11-20_11-29-53_964_zps182102fd.jpg]

We finished gutting the place today:
[Image: 2012-11-20_11-31-15_323_zpsf862ab19.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-20_11-31-29_961_zps99a5e0bc.jpg]

We took a beer break at 10:30AM:
[Image: 2012-11-20_11-31-37_160_zps9ffc822c.jpg]

You gotta have a sense of humor in these times, so he put up this sign:

[Image: 2012-11-20_11-52-23_188_zpscea0aa00.jpg]

Here's a pic of some of the boats the town found on various lawns, streets, etc:

[Image: 2012-11-20_12-58-42_220_zpsaaa15a2b.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Gutted...wow. It looks like you are building a new house. That is crazy.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Thanks for the updates Jimmie ....... its typical to see you spending time helping others and its heart warming to see the sense of humor at a time when you all must be hurting.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Here's a pic of my good buddy "Silver Bullet Sullivan". This was take on Friday (11/16). He had a house in Ortley Beach NJ (one of the hardest hit areas). They bussed the home owners in.
Here he is walking down the street with what he ws able to retrieve from his house, his Irish flag which he found down the block.
He had the duffel bag and was able to throw a few things in there that he found walking around his house.

He was happy he got the flag. The flag is now flying at his main house which I can see as I type this message. He lives across the street from me.

[Image: SilverBulletFlag_zps93b708bd.jpg]
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
It speaks volumes that he is still smiling Jimmie. Please pass on my regards, you guys are certainly made of stern stuff.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
What else can we do Dave, the other alternative is not good.
I want to thank all the members for putting up with my posts, I feel it's good therapy for me.
Honorary Shield Brother
(11-21-2012, 10:48 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: What else can we do Dave, the other alternative is not good.
I want to thank all the members for putting up with my posts, I feel it's good therapy for me.

We appreciate your posting pics and updates, Jimmie. I second that motion on you guys being made of tough stuff.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Wow Jimmie great progress.
--Mike