Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
Thats Good News Jim
Guess, I'm not gonna see my house anytime soon.

Mayor Kelaher and Chief Mastronardy attended a meeting this morning with the NJ Department of Transportation, Lavallette, Brick and Seaside Heights authorities. The DOT has declared that the roadways on the barrier island North of Seaside Heights are unsafe. They have found over 22 sink holes some being as much as 8 feet deep. The DOT is aggressively attempting to stabilize the situation. The pending Nor'Easter is of great concern and it is unsure how it may affect their progress. This situation will directly impact the development of any type of public access to the Island.
-Ortley Beach is known as Ground Zero. This area was affected by the storm more than the neighboring towns.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Jimmie, I am really glad to see you back online and that you and your family are safe and sound. I am so sorry for your beach home. I pray that there is not any major structural damage. I am uplifted by by your can and will do attitude. If there is anything you need, let me know. Thinking and praying for you, my friend.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Latest Email:

Sandy keeps trying to knock us down

Go to this link:

Houses in Ortley Beach, This town is one mile from us and was the hardest hit area.

My very good friend Silver Bullet Sullivan, his house is pic number
43 of 69. You can see his water coller in the kitchen, the first half of the house is gone.

https://picasaweb.google.com/tomsrivertw...9828048722
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Just makes my insides hurt !!!!! So many years of memories on the Jersey Shore.....Sad...
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
Jan .... I hope you dont need to un-holster for looters ..... the police are supposed to deal with this and these scum are taking advantage of the fact that they are stretched to the limit ....... lets also not forget though folks ..... those serving in the emergency services are also victims of this storm, so their lives have also been impacted.

Jimmie ...... you never cease to amaze me brother ... just promise me that you wont go hell for leather and put yourself at risk of injury.

I've seen posts from Mike D ...... so I'm happy to hear he is also braving this out.

Mario came through un-hurt and as is usual for him, he set about helping in any way he could to others.

Jam has been posting and has that infectious smile again.

Skipper on the other hand ..... I know he is safe and unhurt ..... but my heart goes out to him for what has happened to his home. As I did with the rest of you guys, I have laid off texting because its probably hard enough trying to answer close friends and family's plea's to confirm to them that you are well, so with that in mind, if anybody hears from him can they PM me to let me know he is OK if they dont want to put it out on the general forum.

I will say this though, one of the things that has made me feel that NY is a second home is "The People", probably more accurately, the spirit of the people ...... and its evident by the bucket load of the NY people I have been lucky enough to call my friends.
I know you guys will get through this, its what you guys do, and you do it with that "IT IS WHAT IT IS" attitude that makes me proud of all of you.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Well said Parkster!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
(11-06-2012, 10:14 AM)Parkster Wrote: Jan .... I hope you dont need to un-holster for looters ..... the police are supposed to deal with this and these scum are taking advantage of the fact that they are stretched to the limit ....... lets also not forget though folks ..... those serving in the emergency services are also victims of this storm, so their lives have also been impacted.

Jimmie ...... you never cease to amaze me brother ... just promise me that you wont go hell for leather and put yourself at risk of injury.

I've seen posts from Mike D ...... so I'm happy to hear he is also braving this out.

Mario came through un-hurt and as is usual for him, he set about helping in any way he could to others.

Jam has been posting and has that infectious smile again.

Skipper on the other hand ..... I know he is safe and unhurt ..... but my heart goes out to him for what has happened to his home. As I did with the rest of you guys, I have laid off texting because its probably hard enough trying to answer close friends and family's plea's to confirm to them that you are well, so with that in mind, if anybody hears from him can they PM me to let me know he is OK if they dont want to put it out on the general forum.

I will say this though, one of the things that has made me feel that NY is a second home is "The People", probably more accurately, the spirit of the people ...... and its evident by the bucket load of the NY people I have been lucky enough to call my friends.
I know you guys will get through this, its what you guys do, and you do it with that "IT IS WHAT IT IS" attitude that makes me proud of all of you.

Bravo! As New York's LK would say.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
Glad you guys are (relatively) Okay!
it Pisses me off that we are the mercy of these Electric Company's and dumb ass Elected Officials This is a Emergency who is fighting about cutting trees and and we cant cut tree till con ed decides to come and close the Power grid ,my sister lives 6 blocks from me and still has no Power, its Bull Shi- A bunch off us asked the mayor if we can take a Front end loader and a 10 wheeler to New jersey or Long Island but it don't benefit him so the answer is no.