Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
The Mum is back with power in Middletown.

Here's a web site of our shore area. It might take a few minutes to upload but it's worth the wait:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r1ur7abod7wlei1/iieOII8EnY#/

Photo 110 and 115 is my good friend's house (the Blue half house) Silver Bullet Sullivan. Photo 132 is my other good friend. He's lives in the top condo. I haven't found a photo of my beach house yet. I do know it's standing but I do NOT know if it took on or maybe how much water it took. I did have it built higher up so I'm hoping that helped?
The good news is the state turned off the gas line to the island to stop some houses from burning down. The bad news is water heaters etc will freeze and burst if they don't let us on the island eventually. There are two roads to the island, one is now a canal and the other has two bridges (well one bridge now). The coast guard are patrolling the waters to stop boats from coming in and stealing stuff I guess.

I can only pray they give us some news and let us in to see if what we have left.

My main house has yard damage etc. Here are a few photos:
The clean up has begun:

[Image: 2012-10-30_08-09-19_269_zpsd3637af9.jpg]

[Image: 2012-10-30_08-09-32_551_zps4bb9ad17.jpg]

[Image: 2012-10-30_08-09-39_655_zps4fea5924.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-03_13-20-20_390_zpsba6cef13.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-03_13-20-29_407_zps90a8119a.jpg]

[Image: 2012-11-02_16-26-31_478_zps8a71e9ef.jpg]

I have other photos on my camera but I'm too tired to up load them.

Don't feel sorry for me as there are people and people I know that are worse off then me. My sister's house which is on the bay is now surrounded by water. She has to find a place to live.

Of course I'm concerned about my beach house, not knowing anything is killing me and it is / was my pride and joy.
But I can't do anything about it and I'm not gonna let it destroy me or my family.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Glad to hear from you Jimmie.
No Justice, No Peace!
Glad you are okay Jimmie!
--Mike

Glad you weathered the storm Mum!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Glad you're back Jimmie!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Couldn't be happier hearing from you. Hopefully skip is ok...
Glad to have you back online Jimmie! If you need anything, let us know! I know its only like a 4 hour drive for me... easy weekend trip to help clean up/repair damage if you want some help!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
A freaking shark patrolling the street in our beach town:
[Image: SharkinYard_zpsc18416fb.jpg]
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Is that a real pic Jimmie? I know some where fake from Katrina. That is insane
As long as everyone is ok jim