Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
(11-02-2012, 07:57 AM)Bluesman455 Wrote: On another note do you think any countries will step in with aid? Like USA would do for them?

Yeah right.

I would not hold your breath for anybody helping out, apart from maybe the UK ..... its all over the net about this storm being retribution, karma, a strike from above blah blah blah ...... and all of this garbage from countries that have stood with their hands out over the years when they needed a help.

Nope, i'm betting you could hear a pin drop if you ask for help.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I'm fine, just got electric back yesterday and have a little cleanup. We lost power Monday night and just got it back last night.My boss let me use his generator and i had it keeping food ok and running pellet stove a little.Wife and kids went to her parents who had electric, and i stayed with the house. Thank god for the baby wipes.
No Justice, No Peace!
Sounds like everyone is getting by for now. I hope things get better before they get worse.

Hey some good news though at least they are going to run the marathon.Yea3 I can think of at least a 1000 different ways they could use that money and all the police and EMT's that will have to watch over them.

Don't even get me started about foreign aid.
I had no idea so many of you guys were right in the path of destruction. Thoughts an prayers to everybody, especially Skip. What a mess.
Just got word that Tonto got power back
No Justice, No Peace!
Good news. Thanks man
Git R Dun!
Great news for some. Yesterday we had 9 loaded bucket trucks from our power company leave headed North. People DO care.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Hi guys & thanks for the thoughts! We got power back a little earlier this afternoon. A few quick random thoughts...

Sending good thoughts to people with damage far worse than ours.

Had to get a call into the insurance agent about the roof. Should have an adjuster look at it by next Friday. Hopefully before the next storm.

Feels good to have the heat working! Going to take a hot shower in a few minutes.

It was nice seeing a convoy of out-of-state electric crews & trucks rolling into the area today.

Took about 3 hrs to get gas this morning.

Cutting up the spare 2x4s & burning them was sort of like camping when I was a boy scout...but not really.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Glad you're back up and running bud. Good thoughts and wishes sent for all in the NE.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Just to let you guys know...cell towers here are either down or overloaded. Many texts sent don't go thru.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles