Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
(10-31-2012, 12:12 PM)irratebass Wrote:
(10-31-2012, 11:50 AM)Parkster Wrote: I'm certain there will be no need for any fake pictures once the power is back for everybody who lived through this to start posting about it ..... and I'm certain that those pictures will be heartbreaking and jaw dropping.

Its been hard not hearing from anybody ..... I'm just hoping they are all well, physically, I'm betting they are all emotionally exhausted at the very least.

I agree, this sucks, I haven't met any of you except 1 maybe and I feel a kinship to you all, it's disturbing how much this is bothering me with not getting updates from some of you.

I hope they can rebuild their lives and I'm ready to help out with their stick inventory rebuilding, just say the word.

For sure. It's crazy how people you've never met can have such an impact on your life.
I wish I lived closer so I could lend a hand with what I'm sure will be a long rebuilding process.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
This is in Brooklyn and it is definitely real, a friend took this one.

The second one is from South Richmond Hill, N.Y.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Long time no post.

I'm sure all of you have seen the news reports on the aftermath. I have had no problems, just a short controlled blackout and no TV, internet or phone service at home, but things are coming back to me slowly.

As for the rest of the city, it is a mess. Power is off in many places and slow to being restored. Mass transit is very limited. Many homes flooded or burned. Minor looting. I work in an area that was hit hard by the storm surge and things will still be a mess here for awhile... weeks, maybe months.

I thank yous guys for your concerns. Talk to you soon.

MD
Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

[Image: UserBar1.jpg]
Glad to hear you are well Mike,

Things can be fixed, people cant be replaced.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Have updates from Jimmie and Jan.

Jimmie wanted to let everyone know that they are okay. The main house is okay, just a ton of exterior damage. Trees and Fence gone too. No power is expected for a week or more, no gas stations are open, etc. The Beach house doesn't sound promising - they are not allowed down there yet, but the reports are not good. The worst thing for them at this point is not knowing.

Jan still has no electricity and no heat, and they have no idea when they will be getting them back (they expect at least 7-10 days). He said that from what he has seen, 95% in his area have no electricity. Lots of trees are down, along with main power lines. They lost 1/3 of the roof. There are big lines at gas stations - and it doesn't help that a lot of the stations are running out or are closed with no electricity.

Thanks Bill,

Does anybody have any more news of Skipper's situation?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Yeah, thank you Bill. No,I haven't been able to get ahold of Skip, but I'm hoping it's because of the cell phone service and all that. Prayers are going out to you guys daily and every time we think of you
Git R Dun!
Appreciate the update.
I'm glued to the boob tube & web most of the time watching coverage. The devastation is unbelievable. It sucks, but like Dave said, everything else is just stuff. At least you all made it through safe & sound.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Thanks for the updates Bill. Wish I could be near to help out with more than words. I have family in Brooklyn and I'm worried with the lack of news. Power is out, hoping the people are ok.
Thanks for the update Bill, continued thoughts and prayers sent.
This is my boomstick!