Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Hurricane Sandy
We were lucky here in NE PA, so far just a lot of rain and wind, but our power is still on.

Thoughts and prayers are with John, Jimmie, Jan, and anyone else badly affected....
This is my boomstick!
Usually by this time SC has many posts coming in from the east coasters. It's so quiet on here. My thoughts go out to you guys in whatever is happening with you. You are in my prayers now.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
I'm hoping its simply a case of more important things to deal with than posting updates for us.

I'll just be glad to hear everybody is safe.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Dave,
Exactly!
...or just temporary lack of electricity.

(10-30-2012, 07:48 AM)Parkster Wrote: I'm hoping its simply a case of more important things to deal with than posting updates for us.

I'll just be glad to hear everybody is safe.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
We made it with no damage....I'm far enough inland......
When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction.
Steven Wright
We are good here. Had some uprooted trees and downed fences around the neighborhood but other than a tree branch cracking a skylight at my house we made it through just fine.
--Mike

Power is out for a solid two miles around my place, but not too concerned at this point. This really wasn't a big rain producer here, just high winds.

Thoughts going out for Mum, Skip and Jan.
Glad to hear things are OK with you Mike.

I'm hoping for the same conformation from Jimmie, Skip and Jan.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Northern Virginia where I am didnt get it too bad (at least my neighborhood). I havent driven out and about, but all we had was a section of fence blown away, and a big limb fall on the shed and take out one side of it.
Prayers going out to those farther north who took the brunt of the storm.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
We got off very lucky here. No power outage, no flooding. The rivers & creeks here were low prior to the storm, so those who were flooded due to Lee last year stand a fighting chance this time around.

Shame to hear about Jan, John, and Jimmie. My thoughts and prayers are with them. I know Mario checked in, so hopefully things are still okay with him. Anyone heard from Jam?