Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are cubans so good?
(10-26-2012, 07:21 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I've had more than my share of not-so-good cubans

This. When they're good, they're good. Other times not so much. Sometimes, though, I think it's the "mystique" of a Cuban that attracts people to them. The forbidden fruit, so to speak. I wonder if you put a Cuban band on a decent stick, say an EPC new wave connie or a Cain Daytona- and have someone smoke it- how many people would be blown away by it? And how many people's opinions would change when they found it was a cigar they could buy anywhere.
(11-08-2012, 02:20 PM)scott81425 Wrote:
(10-26-2012, 07:21 AM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: I've had more than my share of not-so-good cubans

This. When they're good, they're good. Other times not so much. Sometimes, though, I think it's the "mystique" of a Cuban that attracts people to them. The forbidden fruit, so to speak. I wonder if you put a Cuban band on a decent stick, say an EPC new wave connie or a Cain Daytona- and have someone smoke it- how many people would be blown away by it? And how many people's opinions would change when they found it was a cigar they could buy anywhere.

Great point!
I like it Scott
Git R Dun!
For example Cigar Aficionado Magazine's top 25 of the year, they rate cigars from all countries... Ok, So, in that top 25, some are Cuban, and the rest are from the rest of the cigar producing world. Some Cigars beat out Cubans for their spot in the top 25.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”