Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trivia time
While training at my dojo and talking to my sensei (instructor) about his experiences, we came upon the topic of cigars.  I mentioned that I was a cigar enthusiast (read: addict), and he mentioned that a long time ago while he was still competing, he was able to smoke "a long, thin Cohiba" and it was one of the best experiences of his life.

Well, his 60th birthday is coming up in September and I would like to be able to present him with one of these.  It sounds like a mumcero (Wink) Cohiba.  It would have been around the late 1970's.  While I don't expect to find an actual aged cuban from this time period, does anyone have any idea what I would be looking for, or its modern equivalent?
I suppose it depends on his definition of long and thin is.

The Cohiba Lancero is 7.5" long and a 38 ring and the Panetelas is 4.5" long with a 26 ring.

Both are still available on the market.

[cigar]
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
[user=14]BigE[/user] wrote:
Quote:While training at my dojo and talking to my sensei (instructor) about his experiences, we came upon the topic of cigars.  I mentioned that I was a cigar enthusiast (read: addict), and he mentioned that a long time ago while he was still competing, he was able to smoke "a long, thin Cohiba" and it was one of the best experiences of his life.

Well, his 60th birthday is coming up in September and I would like to be able to present him with one of these.  It sounds like a mumcero (Wink) Cohiba.  It would have been around the late 1970's.  While I don't expect to find an actual aged cuban from this time period, does anyone have any idea what I would be looking for, or its modern equivalent?

Well, I have no clue to where to find it, but I think what you are doing is very cool and special.
This stogie is not cheap and hard to purchase unless your able to get a box.

Giving a cigar of this type to someone that doesn't smoke regurally might seem a bit wasteful?  I understand what your trying to do but I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do.

Having said that I might be able to help you out if we live outside the US.

Think about this and PM me if your interested.    
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Great gift idea.  Could also be a Cohiba Esplendido!