Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE REDBULL STRATOS jump from space! New HELMET CAM VIDEO FOOTAGE!
Leave the legos out of this ...... they never sought any free advertising.

hahahahaha
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Oh come on, those little legos jumped on it when they saw the chance. They are all about the publicity, those little blockheads.

I think they have "Little man syndrome".

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
I was showing the WOS article to a friend and it occurred to me. If the mission control was faked (and personally I dont care if it was real or not)... how did they fake a mission control on live broadcast? Did they pre-film it? It could not have been filmed afterwards as it was live... Can someone esplain this to me (Lucy)?
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I think the ref to the mission control being faked was that the laptops were (for the most part) not actually doing anything with relation to the event. Simply there for show, for effect. 1, maybe 2 or 3 were hooked up to the pod systems, suit systems etc for feedback, but they had no actual "control" over anything and it was the fact that the whole set up mimicked a NASA mission control that was ridiculed.

There is a lot of negative stuff flying around over the event now, almost all is a hindsight realization ..... its being called an over-hyped Red Bull advertisement as a lot of critics are pointing out that although there was a huge amount of bravery, a world record or 2 and some (not a lot really) new technology, it is probably the best commercial ever released.

Me personally ...... I think that Red Bull invested the money and time (years) in this project ...... it has an adrenaline junkie link, which they are known for supporting, and, yes, the global screen time, the global talk time and news papers and magazine headlines all add up to billions more in advertising revenue for the company in comparison to what they spent .............. but thats what sponsorship is about ....... thats why rich Lords and universities sponsored the great explorers in the 1800's ..... the return for the buck spent was huge ........ its nothing new.

They risk their capital to fund what could be a failure .... they gamble on it being a success.

As for the risks being slated as less than hyped ...... I have a simple answer to that.

If its so little risk ...... please feel free to do the next jump ..... but please keep in mind that its already been done now, its already been proven as accomplish-able ....... and as a result, all of the doubts that this could be a step to death ...... they are gone, someone blew that doubt away for you ..... you have the comfort of knowing its (relatively) safe to take that step.

The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
well said.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer