Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
THE REDBULL STRATOS jump from space! New HELMET CAM VIDEO FOOTAGE!
I was "hoping" he would, but I have to admit I was not too sure. And at one point he said he felt like he was about to pass out.

(10-14-2012, 01:22 PM)stoneiraq Wrote: Well, he made it. That's crazy

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Ok, time to celebrate with a cigar! Hmmm, which one?
I knew I should have ordered a La Flor Dominicana AIR BENDER!
(10-14-2012, 01:21 PM)Ari Wrote: WORLD RECORDS have been broken this day!

I was too young to remember the moon landing, but this day I have felt "some" insight of what people watching in 1969 must have felt.

I am glad to have been able to witnessed this real time as the live event took place.

I saw both live. As awesome as the jump was, I wouldn't put it on the same scale as the moon landing.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
No, not the same scale, but "some slight idea" to anyone under the age of 45 may experience nowadays.

To most sub-45 year olds the moon landing means nothing to them, they have no idea whatsoever.
(10-14-2012, 02:26 PM)Tonto Wrote:

I was too young to remember the moon landing, but this day I have felt "some" insight of what people watching in 1969 must have felt.

I am glad to have been able to witnessed this real time as the live event took place.

I saw both live. As awesome as the jump was, I wouldn't put it on the same scale as the moon landing.

I think the main thing that made a difference to me was that the space program & moon landing was a NASA/government project...for the people (the whole country) to be behind. The jump...while it will provide some scientific data, was sponsored by a private company. NASA's goal was to put men on the moon.....Red Bull's main goal...was/is the advertising they got, IMHO.
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
True!

By the way... The Obama (osama) administration has defered funds from nasa to other projects, NASA is just a "name" now.
(10-14-2012, 02:33 PM)Tonto Wrote:
(10-14-2012, 02:26 PM)Tonto Wrote:

I think the main thing that made a difference to me was that the space program & moon landing was a NASA/government project...for the people (the whole country) to be behind. The jump...while it will provide some scientific data, was sponsored by a private company. NASA's goal was to put men on the moon.....Red Bull's main goal...was/is the advertising they got, IMHO.

(10-14-2012, 02:35 PM)Ari Wrote: By the way... The Obama (osama) administration has defered funds from nasa to other projects, NASA is just a "name" now.

I can't think of the right words to address what Obama has done to NASA right now.

As a kid, I saw Apollo 8 lift off live, something I will never forget. I've always had a love of space & science from that.
I got to watch it live and my wife and I were both on the edge of our seats when he stepped out of the capsule and made the jump. It was awesome to watch.
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST!!!!!!!
The same spirit that made man step outside of the cave, that made man climb Everest and look for the North pole, that very same spirit is alive and well in this guy.

I tip my hat off to him, his balls are bigger than his brain, but I respect that all the same because if our ancestors never took leaps of faith like that we would be a poorer species for it.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(10-15-2012, 09:21 AM)Parkster Wrote: The same spirit that made man step outside of the cave, that made man climb Everest and look for the North pole, that very same spirit is alive and well in this guy.

I tip my hat off to him, his balls are bigger than his brain, but I respect that all the same because if our ancestors never took leaps of faith like that we would be a poorer species for it.

I have to agree with that 110%.