Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2012 Mum's Hot Sauce
[Image: AfricanVolcano-0750.jpg]

Oh yeah

Throat rash on the night of the meal.

Johnny Cash the next morning.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
PM sent. MMMMMMM, I think those peppers were called Portachuela. Not sure as I lost the tag, I did grow them in a pot as oppose to planting them in the ground. They are spicy. I can tell you that much.

(10-09-2012, 05:43 AM)Dwharmsway Wrote: Jimmie,

Do you use tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, or none of the above? And what were the peppers? I saw jalapenos, habenero, and cerrano. Couldn't identify the little red ones, or the bigger cirucular red ones. Also any garlic?

I've been making my own hotsauce for awhile, and I love seeing others recipe's.

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I thought they were Scotch Bonnets for a minute there.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(10-09-2012, 09:09 AM)Parkster Wrote: I thought they were Scotch Bonnets for a minute there.

Those are in the pic but that's not what Dwharmsway was referring to.
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
The jars are boiling:

[Image: 100_6360_zps8d2ab84f.jpg]

That was the hardest job, trying to grab the jars out of the boiling water. My jar holder is made for quart size mason jars not little neck bottles.

The sauce heating up:
[Image: 100_6361_zps1dfd618c.jpg]

Filling the jars:

[Image: 100_6362_zpscf06d83e.jpg]

The end product:

[Image: 100_6363_zps0427c30a.jpg]

The front right is BBQ sauce, the back rights are the regular ones, The one on the left in the back is made with tomato sauce and the front left are made with strawberries.

After filling one bottle and putting it back in the boiling water, the cap came off so I lost that bottle. Lesson learned.. Overall a decent experience and I'll do better on the next batch.

I need to blend them longer as one can see the seeds in some of the bottles. On first taste, theregular ones are very spicy as are the BBQ and tomato ones. The strawberry jars are tasty and not as spicy.
Honorary Shield Brother
Strawberries? That's interesting.

The whole boiling & sealing the jar stuff confuses me.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Jim, I love your cooking posts and hate them, all at the same time. Love to see your culinary expertise, hate that I don't get to taste it for dinner! HAHA! Looks delicious, as usual!
Looks great mum!
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
"Jimmie's Colon Cauterizer" available now in a store near you!

*Tucks wipes included with purchase.