Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Trip To Southern Tier
As some of you know, I am a huge fan of Southern Tier and their beers. My wife and her friends organized a trip for us to go and visit Southern Tier Brewing Company this past Saturday. (I am a very lucky guy)

[Image: STLogo.jpg]

I've been on a quite a few brewery and distillery tours in the past. I must say that Southern Tier has one of the cleanest facilities I have ever been to.

[Image: STBar.jpg]

(No idea who that guy is in the picture)

The bar has all of the usual ST beers on tap, and two (a Belgian Witt and some lager?) that they only sell at the brewery - which is fine because I honestly was a big fan of those two.

[Image: STGlass.jpg]

The best was Pumking on tap. Way better than Pumking in the bottle. Much less of that in-you-face pumpkin pie taste that you get when you get it from the bottle.

[Image: ST1.jpg]

ST must be doing well, as the tour guide stated that they are expanding their operation. The staff was really cool. They passed around samples of hops, malt, barley - and some people ate the ingredients while we were on the tour.

Best part about the tour, of course, was the sampling. The tour guide let us try all different types of ST beers, including the 2xipa, creme brulee stout, and even let us try a new beer coming out this holiday season, 2xmas.

[Image: ST2xmas.jpg]

2xmas tastes like your typical holiday beer, with hints of orange and nutmeg. I don't think its a replacement for Old Man Winter.

After the tour, we had lunch on the outdoor patio where they had a band playing and we stocked up on some growlers. Great way to spend a fall afternoon.

Sounds like a great time.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Very cool Andy!!!

ST is def on the short list of breweries to hit up for me.
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
Nice!!!
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I'm so very jealous!!! Looks like an awesome time!
This is my boomstick!
Very cool...ST is certainly high on my list of breweries to see.
--Mike
Looks awesome! Wish we could get ST out here!

Looks like a great time.
Thanks Andy, between you, Mahk & Mike, we see a few breweries.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Nice! Sounds like a blast