Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Havana Club? Is it really any good?
So I have a friend that is into rum here in the states. I have a family member that could send me a bottle of Havana Club to give to him as a present. I would be looking at an aged version but what do you guys think of this rum?
I know some people think it is over hyped but I have always enjoyed HC. That being said I prefer Zacapa but place HC just ahead of Zaya
--Mike
If I had the choice it would be RZ all the way ....... but saying that, I have been sipping HC this leave, and its slightly rougher but nice all the same.

There is a difference in price between the 2, and the difference is justified by the difference in quality.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(10-01-2012, 10:09 AM)Parkster Wrote: If I had the choice it would be RZ all the way ....... but saying that, I have been sipping HC this leave, and its slightly rougher but nice all the same.

There is a difference in price between the 2, and the difference is justified by the difference in quality.

I agree. I have both but prefer RZ. HC is hard to get so I do enjoy it every now and then but not as often.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
It's ok. but by far not the best of the caribbean rums. Ron Zacappa is better if you like sweet. ron pompero is better if you like the taste of rum. zaya is better if you like unusual flavors or notes.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
I just picked up an RZ on duty free for $50 ....... For a litre bottle
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I love both but personally I found HC a little smoother