Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need some single malt advice please.
I am putting together a list of single malts to try from each region. I am having some difficulties choosing Islay malts. In the past I enjoyed Talisker but I am thinking of having one that is not as heavily peated, maybe a Bruichladdich or a Bunnahabhain but dont know much about these. Also the second one I am thinking of is Caol Ila. Here is a list of single malt distilleries I need to try.
Highlands
Oban
Glenmorangie

Lowlands
Glenkinchie
Auchentoshan

Islay
Bruichladdich
Caol Ila

Speyside
Glenrothes
Cragganmore

I am open to suggestions and if there are really more regions than this I can add that also.
Calling Parkster.....calling Parkster...
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Yeah Parkster is certainly the guy to talk to.
--Mike
[Image: 807c5605.jpg]

You can cross that off your list if you dont like peat.
"I do not save cigars for occasions that may not happen. Cigars make the occasion special, not the other way around."

Ryan
I am not saying I dont like peat, I did enjoy Lagavulin back in 2007 when I drank scotch all the time. I dont want overpowering peat and would like one without a lot of peat.
Let me see what I can do for you here ........ I'll head to G.Mc this weekend.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
I have been hearing bout Old Pultney quite a bit lately and wondering if i should replace one of the highlands with this.
These are two of my favorites. (Islay on both of them).

Have you had either? I am thinking you probably have because they are more widely found in the USA

http://www.laphroaig.com/whiskies/

Awarded Best Single Malt in the World in 2005 by Whisky Magazine, The Original Cask Strength Laphroaig

AND

http://www.ardbeg.com/

Ardbeg was voted best whisky in the world 3 years in a row.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
I have not had Laphroaig as Lagavulin is about as peaty as I could handle in the past.

Incoming ...... Try this
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why