Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if cigars were a USA puro
I was just thinking, how much would a cigar cost if it was grown, cured and rolled in america?I don't think there are any, but could be wrong. 20, 30, 40 bucks?
No Justice, No Peace!
Nub USA? Not for sale though. Part of the LE sampler
Tatuaje La Casita Criolla is all Connecticut broadleaf.
(09-14-2012, 09:21 PM)parkerplus Wrote: Tatuaje La Casita Criolla is all Connecticut broadleaf.

All made in USA?
No Justice, No Peace!
Wow,well I guess that lays this to rest, thanks parkerplus
No Justice, No Peace!
The LCC is a USA Puro per se, but it is rolled in Nica.

The labor and other overhead costs of rolling the cigar here in the US would probably kill it... I am sure the rollers would eventually unionize, and the parent compnay would eventually be forced to offer benefits, plus there are all of the extra regulations and other costs of doing business at US prices (insurance, electricity, liability, etc.)

I bet that all of that overhead would increase production costs by at least 5 times... then the retailer keystones and adds taxes, and you would easily be looking at $25-30 to start for what is a $5 cigar... at retail that is rolled overseas.

What a great question. I think there is one somewhere about master blenders cigars if and when Cuba becomes legal.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I'll have to check at Finck's, but they have several cigars that are rolled at their factory here in San Antonio by hand. I'll ask Bill if he has any that are an American Puro. If not, might give him an idea.....
It's hard to keep a good man down.

Check Out Our Blog: www.andthatiswhatheshesaid.blogspot.com

cigars, restaurants, and more!!!

All your ashtrays are belong to us!
The NUb USA is not a USA puro. The official word I got when I asked was "an undisclosed percentage of the tobacco is USA tobacco". It is rolled in Nicaragua
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
(09-19-2012, 01:07 PM)Skipper the cigar aFISHinodo Wrote: The NUb USA is not a USA puro. The official word I got when I asked was "an undisclosed percentage of the tobacco is USA tobacco". It is rolled in Nicaragua

Oh ok. My bad