Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Moldy beads...
I use beads in my wine fridges and have never had an issue. I use a spray bottle when they are dry and what I use a cedar boxes to hold them and have them spread out so there are only 1-2 beads on top of each other. I know that sounds like much but I never have to think about it. Once every few months they get a little spray. I have been doing this for 2 eats now and am still on the same gallon of distilled water.

I don't F with beads. I have a copper pocket I fitted to my hydra xl and have had no problems running straight distilled water. You just have to be real careful that it doesn't splash in your humi when you're moving it around.
Another thought. If your Tupperware was used and ever micro waved it IS porous anyway and etches into the plastic. Even if it was new I bleach the crap out of it to kill anything in it for that reason.

FYI. Working in a hospital I found out that 100% bleach won't kill anything. You can feel the slickness of it and it seals everything out. It needs to be a 15% to actually kill.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Beads need only to be moistened from Opaque color to clear.There should never be standing water in bottom of your bead bowl/container.

Forum Jump:

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)