Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Humidity too high. Help!
Video 
Hey everyone.

I am at Disneyland in the hotel and I have my zikar travel humi with me. I opened it and my humidity was 68. Now I opened it again and it is reading 74%. I checked on the weather site nd the humidity here in Anaheim is 86% Where I live it was only about 35%
I usually use heartfelt beads (70%) but have a gel tube with me now.

OK, so how do I bring my humidity DOWN? I am not used to this as I am usually in dry climates. I don't want my cigars damaged.

Heeelllllp.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Relax take a deep breath... Take the gel tube out of your travel humi and close the lid.
--Mike
(09-06-2012, 03:37 PM)wtfdic Wrote: Relax take a deep breath... Take the gel tube out of your travel humi and close the lid.

Agreed
Ditto
No Justice, No Peace!
HAHAHA. 55%! Dry Climates! Oh my goodness, that is not dry! That would be a terribly, terribly muggy day here. Unheard of.

Back to the issue at hand. Everyone else is right. Just relax. Even at 74 percent your cigars aren't going to spontaneously sprout mold and freak out. Just leave em in there without any humidification source. Or if you have a little chunk of cedar to absorb some humidity, throw it in there. But either way, don't sweat it. Your cigars are in much better conditions than they were grown in.
Go see Minnie mouse & get laid and relax. it's a travel humidor.Big Grin
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(09-06-2012, 08:04 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Go see Minnie mouse & get laid and relax. it's a travel humidor.Big Grin

So Minnie and Monica Lewinsky are into cigars? ...... Creepy Tongue
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
cigars are very tough, they can handle a humidity spike pretty well. the previous advise given here is probably the best. The only other thing to do is to smoke them. That way they wont be over humidified.
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST!!!!!!!
Thanks everyone. Hey, when I got back to the hotel last night I was going to take the gel tube out, but it was reading 70 % again (go figure).
By the way. There is a cabanna type bar in the courtyard of the swimming pool and the bar tender said we can smoke there sitting at the bar... that put a smile on my face, I had thought that California was "completely" anti smoke. We still have some places left though in public.
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”
Never Ever humidify a traveldor.

Most traveldors are fairly airtight. Your cigars will provide all the moisture needed for a week or 2 (or 10). Unless you are traveling to North Dakota in the winter where the humidity is under 40%, I would never consider humidifying a traveldor.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer