Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Indulgence 500 ct Humidor Question
So I finally have the indulgence 500ct humidor properly seasoned and filled up with 2 xikar rectangle humidifiers in place on the top of the humidor. Each of which claims it will keep proper humidity for 250 cigars.

The only thing that confuses me is the humidor came with 3 original humidifiers. Is this because it is to put 2 humidifiers on top and one in the drawer or am I completely missing something. I know this might be a dumb question but figures id ask just in case.

Thank you all for your help in advance!

[Image: e8e8ape5.jpg]
Is there a space for the one at the bottom? Does the top shelf have holes in it for air to circulate at the bottom?
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Does the bottom of the top have perforations or is it sealed off from the drawer?

Damn you mum. Hit submit before I did.
I've been called worse.Tongue
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(09-06-2012, 08:04 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: I've been called worse.Tongue

I have called you worse...
--Mike
Off topic, but that is a nice lookin humi.

On topic, I haven't used the rectangles for a while. During the summer months I doubt you'd need all three. You said you are from Florida, right? You might not need any!

I would just run the two at first, but make sure to have a couple...calibrated...digital hygrometers to give you accurate readings top and bottom. You can always adjust more or less.
what he said.
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST!!!!!!!
I've had humidors like that one before. Dont expect to be able to hold the humidity on that drawer. Drawers just dont seal like a lid does. I eventually used my drawers to hold lighters and cutters.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
To answer the first few questions the drawer is in a separate sealed off section from the top lock and key portion. I figured it wouldn't hold humidity to well with it being a drawer so I put some cigars in there that I had gotten in a box / attempted humidor from an estate sale that need to be somewhat revived.

In regard to the trays, there are slits in each of the trays and there is room beneath both of those trays I assume it is an area for additional cigars but figured I'd rather play it safe and ask the question if another humidifier goes down there. But from my sense it sounds like it one does not and that it was just meant for more cigar storage. Thank you all for your responses, I greatly appreciate it!

These are the cigars that finally made it into the new humidor:

Finally bringing the humidor count up to 3 full humidors and 1 full standing humidor =) I'll categorize all these cigars into a digital humidor one day.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Wow. Ya trade a rolls for those? Lol
“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”