Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Talk to me about other spirits.
For Irish Whiskey, go with Redbreast, 12 year old. I think its the best Irish Whiskey out there.
If you like scotch, you have a taste for ages spirits. Try any anejo spirit. Marks list is great. That's all anejo.
If you want to venture into the sweeter realm, try B & B. It was a staple of mine when I smoked (mostly because my pool hall didn't carry single malt). Sometimes Sambuca hits the spot or a fine to ultra fine vodka. Interestingly Vodkas form different countries and different manufacturers really taste... well different. My preference is Russian. Specifically Stolies. I like to taste my vodka. Stollies is a little rough around the edges and I like that. Vodka like absolute tastes like water to me. I have never tried grey goose. It comes form France.
I often times agree with your comment about bourbon. But corn? I tend to taste the virgin wood. Bourbon is all aged in virgin barrels (a law enacted after prohibition). This results in a high level of wood alcohols and other natural minerals found in the oak which in smaller quantities are desirable, but less so in larger quantities.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
For Bourbon try Eagle Rare. Better than Woodford and Knob I think.

Also try Canadian Rye Whiskey. Ideally the 40 Creek Reserve if you can find it.
Bourbon tastes too much like corn? err ok.
Have you tried a Rye?
Bulleit makes a great Rye.

Tequilla Tres Generations Anejo is a good sipper.
Yes I can pick up the corn just as I can pick up the malted barley in scotch and beer. Only Canadian I have tried was crown royal.