Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blueberries, anybody?
Anybody ever plant blueberries in an area where you get pretty cold winters? I've been told to plant northern high bush plants, but beyond that, I have no idea what to do. I'll be doing some research on the inter-webs, but thought I'd ask here too. Thanks
IF YOU AIN'T FIRST, YOU'RE LAST!!!!!!!
Great idea and easy. I got 5 thornless blackberries and raspberrie plants this spring and are doing great. Here is all the info you need and the people are GREAT and will talk you thru any issues. Good luck. http://noursefarms.com/

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

I have a few. Don't do a thing to them but they produce..
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
When we moved into this house around 1970, it had a giant blueberry bush in our yard. We don't do anything to it & get tons of berries.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
My neighbor has a mulberry tree. And I wish to hell the damn thing would die, but it won't. It's indestructable. And dumps those damn things all over my camper and my yard.
(08-30-2012, 05:02 PM)scott81425 Wrote: My neighbor has a mulberry tree. And I wish to hell the damn thing would die, but it won't. It's indestructable. And dumps those damn things all over my camper and my yard.

My neighbor HAD on of those 6 inches from my fence he let go and never used any fruit and they sure are a mess. I drilled a 12" hole in the root on my side and filled it up with roundup. 6 months later I hear a chainsaw at 7:00AM Handle it! LOL

The berries produce TONS if maintained. The cane only produces once. After you harvest, cut them at the ground. When they reach 6 to 8 feet, pinch the end off. That makes the side shutes explode in fruit bearing branches.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.