Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Single malt minatures? Where to buy?
(09-01-2012, 02:54 PM)wtfdic Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 02:50 PM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: This is coming from a couple of MA dicks.

Like anyone really listens to you guys.

Soon The Dic & Mahk will be walking up the aisle and standing next to each other.

Tell me that ain't true Mike?

You gut me there.... I am stupid enough to have Mark as my best man.

D!CK
Viva Lancero!

"Spokesd!ck"
(09-01-2012, 01:41 PM)Mark Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 01:24 PM)Parkster Wrote: Hey .... HEY!!!!!!

I've roomed with the Mum ....... aint no spinning there.

Bed at 03:30am ...... up for breakfast at 07:30am ... on the same day. He slept less in a 5 day trip in Vegas than you did in one night in Conn.

Remember Mahk ..... Keith and I had to wake your lightweight ass up to get you to meet up for breakfast before 11am at MoSun, and I had been up from 7am after a globe trotting 5 flights, 3 continents and 4 time zones to get there (straight from the jungle to MoSun, via Johannesburg, Paris, Scotland and London), I'm still waiting for you to "drink me under the table" as you put it, and I'm guessing your buddy is a Koors light kinda guy as well.

Jimmie dont gargle nothing but the finest Rum and Malt.

You still have to put your imagination where your liver is.

Nuff said.

Hey I said thats why he rooms with Tank, not you!

And I'm not really sure I ever said I would drink you under the table. Im not that dumb, lol. I know that corks can fit back into the scotch bottles hahahahahahahaha.

Yeah ..... whodathunk corks fit back in bottles .... every day is a school day ..... remember ..... keep them elbows oot.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(09-01-2012, 01:49 PM)wtfdic Wrote:

Bed at 03:30am ...... up for breakfast at 07:30am ... on the same day. He slept less in a 5 day trip in Vegas than you did in one night in Conn.

Remember Mahk ..... Keith and I had to wake your lightweight ass up to get you to meet up for breakfast before 11am at MoSun, and I had been up from 7am after a globe trotting 5 flights, 3 continents and 4 time zones to get there (straight from the jungle to MoSun, via Johannesburg, Paris, Scotland and London), I'm still waiting for you to "drink me under the table" as you put it, and I'm guessing your buddy is a Koors light kinda guy as well.

Nuff said.

I don't think you are really helping Jimmie's case... You do wear a skirt...

I think we are destined to meet in 2013 ...... I think it will be a life changing experience for you.

Cool
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
(09-01-2012, 03:22 PM)Parkster Wrote:
(09-01-2012, 01:49 PM)wtfdic Wrote:

Nuff said.

I don't think you are really helping Jimmie's case... You do wear a skirt...

I think we are destined to meet in 2013 ...... I think it will be a life changing experience for you.

Cool

I look forward to it!
--Mike
(09-01-2012, 10:57 AM)Parkster Wrote: Cough ..... cough.

OK, lets put the whole myth about malt to bed.

Words of wisdom from David Stewart - Malt Master for Balvenie - If he says its ok, then its ok. Simple as that.

Ice - take it with or without - there is no right or wrong way - ALL MALTS are made to be taken with or without water. For some of us, the ice lets you start with one drink and lets it develop in to another. Its B.S that the ice does any damage to the malt as has been said to me by a stuck up English toff who had no idea the difference between a low flyer (Famous Grouse) and a 21 yr old portwood. My wife likes malt with a dash of water and an ice cube, its too harsh for her without and she can actually taste the malt with her preferred additions

Water - Like I said above, all malts open up with a dash of water ...... it does not need to be Evian, a dash of water. Simple.

Glass type - crystal, nosing glass, tumbler - whatever you are comfortable with ...... remember, it was drank out of clay cups at one point.

How much in a glass - I've been told its vulgar to have more than a single finger shot ... bollox .... 2 fingers or your short changing me. Seriously though .... if you want 2, 3 or 4 fingers in your glass to save getting up and down to the bar, fine.

I have drank malt for most of my adult life ..... I say most because I'm not dead yet, and there is NO right or wrong way, there is NO right or wrong malt and there is NO WAY ON EARTH IT SHOULD BE MIXED WITH ANYTHING THAT HAS GAS OR FLAVOUR THROUGH IT ...... ALL YOU COKE MIXERS ARE GOING STRAIGHT TO HELL.

I drink Speyside and lowland malts with a single ice cube, sometimes neat and sometimes with a dash of water ..... I like a dash of water in my island malts to take the edge off and allow me to taste the whisky behind the peat.

I have a nosing glass that I like to drink from, I have a Balvenie tumbler and I have some stupidly over priced Waterford crystal (these look great but I hate how thin it feels against my mouth when I drink from them)

Drink malt as you like it ..... it was made for drinking after all.

As for miniatures ...... I have the opposite problem ..... I'll post a pick of the selection at my favourite whisky shop.

You wont believe your eyes.

Well said buddy. I whole heartedly agree
Between ebay and local I was able to find a few single malt miniatures. Today I got a Balvinie 12,15,21 and Glenfiddich 12,15,18. Got Glenlivet 15 and 18 and Glenmorange Nectar D'or, Lasanta, and Quinta Ruban. Last night had MacAllen 25 year at a restaurant.
Are you taking tasting notes for each of these, or are you simply happy to try each of them and as many as you can.

I would suggest trying 3 or 4 at a time until you can distinguish which style of malt would be your preference and then to take it from there with regards to what you would have as a go to and a special treat selection.

If you find something you like, then buy a bottle, for as much as a miniature is a good taste, a bottle can be a lot different.

You mentioned over a dozen malts there, all with different characteristics and I would bet that not all of them would be something you would go back to regularly.

Just a thought
Having small bottles to taste/sample is interesting to me. I'm going to have to see what they have near me next time I hit the liquor store.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I guess it's to late. Great fing local. I Googled Scotch miniatures usa and came up with 100s of sites.

http://www.google.com/search?q=scotch+mi...RU_enUS497

http://mcdullusa.com/whiskey.html

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

yeah lots of sites but hard to get anything shipped into texas. Most sites will not ship as its against TABC laws to ship from outside texas unless the vendor carries a TABC licenses. Thats why I am trying to find someone to help out that I could get them to ship to me as a gift. and I could pay for everything. I am really looking for the 3 pack of glenrothes and a few others.