Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nexus 7 tablet
well, at 499 you and your wife can have one of the fastest tablets out there, 7inches though
No Justice, No Peace!
I've been watching you tube vids on it for a week and looks like a maybe. It does do the same as a pc but you have to tell it to and that's odd, even the horizontal view. I would have to get use to Chrome but then I STILL don't have a smart phone yet. DUH I'm still an IE guy and it's gonna be a tough swap and learning curve for a FOG.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Can this pad use and download 3rd party aps and does it work like a pc? I see the new Kindle fire is out Sept 8 and looks good from the limited reviews. Also Ipad is leaked to have a 7" pad in Oct.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Well I got me a 32g N7 yesterday.....has anyone figured out how to get flash on it yet? Can you walk me through it like a 4 year old and also have you installed the update 4.2.1 Jellybean? Any issues?
Gangsta
forget flash, droid had it for a bit, but flash dieing anyway. No mobile devices support flash
No Justice, No Peace!
I'm an iPad guy ...... cant see past them ...... as for the price, they have a high re-sale value as well, so there is a good return on the initial investment. if you want to sell ...... Mrs P still has the first model of iPad, and has never had a days problem with it and has no intention of selling it either .... no need, its really is that good. In comparison, the first of the oppositions tablets are already out of date with software, and the cheaper materials used are showing their age ....... once Windows 8 starts to catch up with Apples apps, I predict Android will slip back.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Ipad 1s are done. Didn't get last update. They will be paper holders soon. For just about 3 years, kinda crappy if you ask me, especially for price.as far as windows 8 tablets, I think they are way late to party
No Justice, No Peace!
(11-30-2012, 08:39 PM)nayslayer Wrote: Ipad 1s are done. Didn't get last update. They will be paper holders soon. For just about 3 years, kinda crappy if you ask me, especially for price.as far as windows 8 tablets, I think they are way late to party

That's pretty bad for such an expensive tablet. You wouldn't think that of them. Planned obsolesce at its finest. I wonder if they are all going to be like that?

Yup, pretty much T, like I said, the droid tablets are superseded quickly as well.

I have to add though

OK, the first of the iPads could not be upgraded with IO6 ..... But it is not the end of the world according to Mrs P, it's not like it stopped doing what it has been doing, and doing well, and the way she looked at it was that if she wanted the extra capabilities .... She would have to pay and in the end the difference in price between the sale of the old and the purchase of the new did not justify the extra cash.

We live in a world where a single year sees a product go from the top of the tech lists to "old skool" ..... We even have advertisements that quote the words "sooo last year" so with that in mind I see anything that's been upgradable over a 3 year period, and which is built to a high enough standard with good quality materials AND still works like it was originally meant to as a huge plus .....
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
Problem with no os update is eventually it will be hard to have compatible apps, I agree the same with droid. But with the nexas 7 your out half as much.
No Justice, No Peace!