Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone into mountain biking.
So I love mountain biking but have not done it in quite some time. I am trying to raise funds as it is hard for me to exercise right now as injuries sustained while serving my country. Who all here mountain bike and what do you ride.
I know there's a thread about this somewhere. David, who hasn't been on in a while likes to do it and also Chris 1980.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I have a Fisher mt bike I got about 6 years ago. It sees less ass than a dead guy
No Justice, No Peace!
I have an '03 Trek 8000 hardtail that's seen at least 10,000 miles of use. Most of that was on the road, but I have a great trail nearby that I love to hit when I can. Now that I have a proper road bike, I'm going to adjust the Trek so it's more suitable for off-road riding.
(08-12-2012, 05:18 PM)nayslayer Wrote: I have a Fisher mt bike I got about 6 years ago. It sees less ass than a dead guy

Is it a hardtail or full suspension?
Hardtail
No Justice, No Peace!
I have an 06 Cannondale F6. Pretty entry level bike. I used to ride a lot back in the day and I am not in the shape I was back when I was in my 20's doing NORBA racing... I know that comes as a surprise. What I find is it can be hard to find riding partners who are interested in a casual ride. I don't always want to run myself into the ground like it is a race...in fact that pretty much ruins it for me these days.
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
(08-20-2012, 04:40 AM)Ari Wrote: No Mountainbike in my lineup, although I was toying with the idea.

I am a roadie myself, easier on the knees and better for cardio.
I have owned Giant (Tcr) , a Javelin Brunello, An Orbea, about 5 Cannondales, a Trek Madone. (all Dura Ace).

It's a great idea to ride to recoup the injuries, just ease into it, don't overdo the 1st ride like I did. lol

(08-12-2012, 02:44 PM)tarheel7734 Wrote: So I love mountain biking but have not done it in quite some time. I am trying to raise funds as it is hard for me to exercise right now as injuries sustained while serving my country. Who all here mountain bike and what do you ride.

“Evil is sweet in the beginning, but bitter in the end.”