Cabaiguan Robustos Extra

Cabaiguan Robustos Extra
 Review

Strength: Medium
Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Connecticut
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Ecuador

Apparently this Pete Johnson cigar was named for the Cuban hometown of Maestro Tobaquero Don "Pepin" Garcia.

Pre-light: Reasonable construction and no apparent soft spots on this Ecuadorian Connecticut shade wrapper. Some imperfections and smaller veins, but it looks pretty nice. The pre-light aromas were in the barnyard arena with predominant cut hay or almost pencil wood appeal. Draw seems quite good. Very pleasing look and scent here, good things are expected.

Light: I used a single torch lighter to fire this stick up. It toasted readily and lit up very nice and evenly as one would hope for. So far so good, ready to draw.

Initial Draw: The initial draw upon light up started immediately to bring good things. The smoothness was already apparent.

First Third: This smoke brings immediate return on investment. My initial impression was immediate spice followed by a smooth tobacco and leather notes.

Second Third: This baby continues to bring great results, burning well with both a great taste and pleasant aroma. Holding ash quite well with a nice cool white grey ash color. The spice tapers off a bit, to be replaced by more of a smooth cream. This robusto produces what I like to refer to as the “Rib Eye” effect. That great buttery mouth feel that is reminiscent of the wonderful aftertaste of the granddaddy of steaks, the prime cut Rib Eye. Very pleasing and consistent overall.

Final Third: Holding strong and still burning well. Picking up the consistent smoothness and soft creaminess remaining. I sense a bit of spice picking up, perhaps more of a white pepper and not predominant. Still rocking and rolling this smoke is highly consistent.

The Verdict: This is a fine cigar that matches my tastes well. Great draw, good construction, great burn and excellent complexity and creaminess. This was a great afternoon smoke on the way to the cigar store. I rate this one box worthy.

[Image: IMG_1141.jpg][Image: IMG_1143.jpg][Image: Cabiuguan%2520232.jpg][Image: Cabiuguan%2520233.jpg][Image: Cabiuguan%2520235.jpg][Image: Cabiuguan%2520236.jpg][Image: Cabiuguan%2520237.jpg]
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain
nice review, thanks for sharing. I'll have to pick a few of these suckers up.
No Justice, No Peace!
Had a buch of these stogies but they all went. A very good smoke. Thanks for the memories.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Sounds great.

Thanks for review, well done!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
[Image: ysatyqu4.jpg]
Tried the Maduro last night. I think I prefer the natural but bet these age better.
--Easy

"If there are no cigars in Heaven, I shall not go." --Mark Twain