Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigars and diets
Congrats man!

I recommend (like others) sweet things before. I like to have nice chocolate before smoking. Its enjoyable and it helps! Not exactly diet friendly though.
I remember last summer smoking a Tatuaje Angeles while grilling steaks.  I had not eaten for about 8 hours and I could feel it somewhat despite totally enjoying the smoke.

Then last spring I smoked a 601 Green while shooting at noon with my little bro.  It was 80 degrees and I had not eaten yet that day.  WOW that kicked my stomach like a mule!
Thanks guys, definitely feeling better and the clothes are getting looser [7up] Wish the diet would allow sugar but that is a huge no-no, it will kick my body out of ketosis and that means no fat burning. My goal weight is 185 and expect to make it within two months or so, my good friend has lost 55lbs in eight weeks and the good thing it a very healthy system, the meals are pharmaceutical grade so very closely monitored.

Matt-N-Ga. Wrote:When i did my weightloss for my back problems, the Dr. told me I could drink liquor, just not beer.  And he was right, I lost 40 lbs, back problems are gone, and I have a cabinet full of nice liquor, its a win-win [thumbsup]
Dude, 40lbs is awesome [bravo2] and booze on top, care to share how you did it?
You guys who care to drink a kick arse nutritional supplement with slow release carbs just PM me your addy's and I will send you some coupons and rebates.  This stuff is filling, low in calories, tastes great, gets you your vitamins.  Its meant to replace a meal or used in place of a snack.
I been walking a mile a day, 3 weeks now,feels great. Good luck. [rob]
US_Tank Wrote:You guys who care to drink a kick arse nutritional supplement with slow release carbs just PM me your addy's and I will send you some coupons and rebates.  This stuff is filling, low in calories, tastes great, gets you your vitamins.  Its meant to replace a meal or used in place of a snack.

How much protein is in that?  [really][happy]
Djaric Wrote:
US_Tank Wrote:You guys who care to drink a kick arse nutritional supplement with slow release carbs just PM me your addy's and I will send you some coupons and rebates.  This stuff is filling, low in calories, tastes great, gets you your vitamins.  Its meant to replace a meal or used in place of a snack.

How much protein is in that?  [really][happy]

8 grams
ktee Wrote:Me and the wifey decided to go on a diet since we were kinda beginning to look like  Goodyear blimps that cruise around the air.  I hit 257lbs and at 6' that was a tad on the overweight side.  The diet we chose was Medifast and consists of 6 meals a day.  You have five of their meals (shakes, eggs, chili, soup, pudding, snack bars, etc) and one lean & green meal which is up to 7oz of meat, veggies and salad.  So far we are doing well, the wife has lost 13lbs in 13 days and I have lost 15lbs in 13 days and feeling great!

There is one issue though, went fishing on Monday and brought along some sticks and smoked my first NUB Habano, nice stick.  However the food I brought was mainly snack bars and shakes so nothing substantial in my stomach.  I was skeptical about firing up the NUB but thought what the hell, nice day, good company and catching feesh.  I got about 3/4 of the way through it when the sickly feeling hit the stomach, combine that with the swells and I was not doing so well.  Didn't get sick but man that was a tough hour or so until the nicotine metabolised and started to feel better.

So looks like I may have to back off a little smoking stronger sticks to lose weight.  It is tough a trade off but will try to smoke them after the lean & greeen meal.  Another bummer is no adult beverages, this was really tough when we got back to port on Monday and were cleaning the fish and a bottle of 12yr Jameison was pulled out and had to pass [baby]

So the point is, maybe smoking should be taken into consideration if you decide to go on a diet but what is more important [cigar] hummmm. you be the judge!
congrats man! 
[thumbsup]

Good job on the weight loss man, keep it up!  [thumbsup] and stay active!
Djaric Wrote:
ktee Wrote:Me and the wifey decided to go on a diet since we were kinda beginning to look like  Goodyear blimps that cruise around the air.  I hit 257lbs and at 6' that was a tad on the overweight side.  The diet we chose was Medifast and consists of 6 meals a day.  You have five of their meals (shakes, eggs, chili, soup, pudding, snack bars, etc) and one lean & green meal which is up to 7oz of meat, veggies and salad.  So far we are doing well, the wife has lost 13lbs in 13 days and I have lost 15lbs in 13 days and feeling great!

There is one issue though, went fishing on Monday and brought along some sticks and smoked my first NUB Habano, nice stick.  However the food I brought was mainly snack bars and shakes so nothing substantial in my stomach.  I was skeptical about firing up the NUB but thought what the hell, nice day, good company and catching feesh.  I got about 3/4 of the way through it when the sickly feeling hit the stomach, combine that with the swells and I was not doing so well.  Didn't get sick but man that was a tough hour or so until the nicotine metabolised and started to feel better.

So looks like I may have to back off a little smoking stronger sticks to lose weight.  It is tough a trade off but will try to smoke them after the lean & greeen meal.  Another bummer is no adult beverages, this was really tough when we got back to port on Monday and were cleaning the fish and a bottle of 12yr Jameison was pulled out and had to pass [baby]

So the point is, maybe smoking should be taken into consideration if you decide to go on a diet but what is more important [cigar] hummmm. you be the judge!
congrats man! 
[thumbsup]

Me thinks someone might have gotten in trouble with their post or ??????[lol]

Official weight in this morning, down 17lbs in two weeks....whoo hooo!!!!

Now have to make a cup of coffee and find one of those diet ceegars [really]