Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using Cable Company for phone service... good idea?
(07-04-2012, 09:44 PM)Admin Wrote: I have cable internet, but use the NetTalk Duo for phone service. LOVE IT. Cheap and I can take my "phone" anywhere. I can also pick a phone number local to anyone that I want. So if I have family in Texas....I can have a Texas number so its not long distance to them, but I can be anywhere in the world. It also allows you to block numbers, including Anon & Blocked callers. They simply get a busy signal and I don't get bothered by any telemarketers. It does not need a computer to operate and the technical support is great! MagicJack sucks for support and does not have as many features IMHO.

http://www.nettalk.com/en/duo
Got mine at Wal-Mart for about $39 (on sale a while ago).

Then you can have any internet you want to use without being locked into Cable, DSL, or whatever. Also good if you want to give your kiddo their own line without having to do any wiring. Numbers are unlisted as well, where the phone company charges for that feature. After getting NetTalk, I can't believe that I wasted money on a regular phone line at home for so many years.

Great info Eric! Thanks

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.