Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are opus x really all that?
Opus x and forbidden x have very distinct flavors. They are aged before they leave the factory, they are worth getting your hands on. IMHO of course.

There are very good cigars out there for less, but the x experience is it's own and worthwhile.
I had an Opus X something gifted by The542 and I enjoyed the heck out of it.
Git R Dun!
I gave most of my Opus to Bluesman, Skipper said the best cigar he ever had was a double label Opus Lancero(which I also gave to bluesman), People either love them or not, from what I've noticed.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
Life is to short not to try different stogies.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(06-24-2012, 08:38 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Life is to short not to try different stogies.

The FOG has a solid point.Tongue
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I have some of the original release tins from 06 if you're interested. Just let me know

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Nope
they really are not all that. It's just a combination, of rarity, cool band, and a status thing. They are way too expensive for what they are.

if you are going to buy them, find the ones with the dark oily wrappers. The lighter shaded ones are a COMPLETE waste of money.
I personally love them, you do need to let them rest for a little bit though and the flavors really come thru. If I open my opus-a-dor it has a VERY distinct smell unlike any of my other humi's.
(06-24-2012, 07:30 PM)jitzy Wrote: I personally love them, you do need to let them rest for a little bit though and the flavors really come thru. If I open my opus-a-dor it has a VERY distinct smell unlike any of my other humi's.

I am glad I am not the only one who has one of those.
--Mike
(06-24-2012, 09:01 AM)tafdom Wrote: I have some of the original release tins from 06 if you're interested. Just let me know

Sent you a pm last night.