Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
few questions about lighting.
Well I am curious how high my xikar 2 flame lighter should be turned up? Also how far do you hold the cigar to get a good toast? I seem to get an uneven toast and burn when lighting my cigar. When you toast do you actually see embers?
This is the best man in the business.
I wished I was at his herf this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-86cwvfzyE

They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(06-10-2012, 07:20 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: This is the best man in the business.
I wished I was at his herf this weekend.

Agreed. Me too!!
+3
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Jimmie said it best...
--Mike
Cool video, that is really helpful. I have noticed lately that all of my cigars are burning too fast on once side and I have to touch up frequently. Odsman has been trying to help me troubleshoot the issue - thought it was a humidor issue, so I rearranged it, but had the same issue yesterday with a cigar out of his. He smoked the same variety and didn't have the problem, so it must be something in how I am lighting it. I think I don't move it around enough.

Thanks for the replies. I guess I just need to be more careful with the light.
My last torch lighter died a few months ago, and I've gotten pretty good a lighting a cigar with a match, even in the wind. I definitely improves the flavor because the lighting temperature doesn't char the end of the stick as easily as with a torch.
(06-12-2012, 08:10 PM)bartok2 Wrote: My last torch lighter died a few months ago, and I've gotten pretty good a lighting a cigar with a match, even in the wind. I definitely improves the flavor because the lighting temperature doesn't char the end of the stick as easily as with a torch.

I can understand that as a pipe smoker we never wanted to use a torch. Only match or soft flame.