Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tongue Cancer
I've lost a few people close to me to cancer over the years. My uncle was feeling absolutely fine, and then one day he didn't feel quite right, and went to the doctor. The doctor told him he had six weeks to live. He lasted three.

Someone else I knew succumbed to lung cancer. She had never had a cigarette in her life, and was doubtful ever exposed significantly exposed to second-hand smoke.

There are others, but I'd rather not go on. Cancer sucks. It really f**king sucks.
Well, the good news is she is healing fast. Also, they pulled and sent out around 10 lymph nodes and they all, thank god, came back negative. But, post op the doc said the cancer was in a nerve. This increases her chances of getting some sort of cancer in the next few years. Right now they have it at 65 to 70%. I'm guessing that's for a full life.
More bad news, while trying to harvest an artery form her arm they had to go hunting. The net result is she had so much damage to her right wrist they had to graft skin form her leg onto it. It looks horrible. She'll need to see a plastic surgeon to get that fixed, to the extent they can fix it.
So she has the surgery in her mouth, on her wrist and on her leg. What a mess...
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
glad to hear that she's doing better!
Git R Dun!
she is returning to what will be her new normal. She is eating soft foods now (she lost 25 pounds, she weighed only 120 when this started). But she seems to be healing fast.
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
crap, well thanks for update.
No Justice, No Peace!
Man, sorry to hear this Skipper, positive thoughts sent to the family.
Gangsta