Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cigar band plaque
I am unemployed and this leaves me time to get some things done around the house.  Me and the wife have been cleaning like crazy and organizing our entire house, inside and out.  We moved from a 3000sq ft house to a 1500sq ft place and let me tell you, it is crowded and we have way to much stuff.

So I am cleaning out our shed and when we owned our business we sponsored little league teams.  Each year the team would give us a plaque with a team picture which we hung on the office wall.  Those had been packed away for years and when cleaning out a crate found them.  I wasn't sure what to do with them so they sat around for almost a week and was thinking of just chucking them when suddenly I got an [Image: idea.gif]

I really liked the collage's that Bluesman had but never sent any labels to him, thought it would cost to put one together and really didn't have the bucks to do it.  So looking at these plaques I thought they would make a nice framed piece for cigar bands.  I have been saving mine since last year and have quite a few so busted out the band box, got a glue stick and went to work.  Here is what came out, which took several hours to put together:

[Image: bands_0609.jpg]

I was surprised how long this took but am pleased withe the finished product.  I am going to make one for each of my son's and give them to hang on their wall.  My oldest has a b-day coming up this week and will make a perfect present.
Wow, that turned out great.  Nice work. 

makes me want to get busy doing something with mine, but I dont think I have enough to do a table top yet.
I like smoking lightning
Looks great, a friend of mine makes them also. [rob]
Thats very cool! That will be my next project since the coffee mug is now done.
Nice Job!
Looks good.  I thought the same thing when I did the bar top.  I thought oh man I can knock this out in a weekend.  Wrong, it ended up taking a few weeks but it was worth it [thumbsup]
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
Very nice work.  I save all my cigar bands also and plan to do something like this someday!  Your work of art is good motivation to get started!