Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wounded Warriors Refuses Donation
Just got an email from Finck Cigar Company in San Antonio Texas, who runs a yearly event. The event raises money for charity, and they were informed this year that Wounded Warriors would not accept the donation due to them being a tobacco company.

I tweeted about it, and some other cigar shops chimed in that they too had their donations refused due to being a tobacco company.

Ladies & Gentlemen, we have supported the military for years and many servicemen and women enjoy a fine cigar. For a donation to be refused because of the ties to Tobacco is sickening.
Shock and awe. $crew them. We have sent thousands of cigar and health products on more that a few times to squads. The pics were heart filling. I would make sure this got some media attention.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

what a joke...
I wonder if they take donations from gun & ammo companies?
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
Or PITA? LOL

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

Maybe the organization should ask the warriors who have been wounded if they would like less donations.

How feckin dumb is this?

To actually turn down money that could help those who need it, based on what?
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
That's just.... ridiculous!
Why would you refuse a donation from anyone? I could maybe see if this was a charity for children, but wounded soldiers?!?!?
What a joke!!
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.
Wht a f*cking joke
--Mike
WTF??!! That's just unreal....almost unbelievable...almost.
I'm sure many other good organizations would be glad for any assistance.

I really don't have much myself to donate, except my time...I try to help out by packing items here: http://www.jacobsprogram.org/
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
I echo everyone's sentiments. What a joke
Wow... how insulting to both the cigar shops who took the time to raise the money, and how insulting to the wounded warriors, who need that support. What the heck is going on in the world?
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham