Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cool experience!
Ok, I'm not usually one to post things like this, but this one's worth sharing!!  I had a BAD week last week, things at work and at school...just random SHIT, but this experience made my week better.  Before work yesterday I grabbed an El Cobre so I could smoke it on my way home in the evening.  I didn't get a chance to smoke it.  I met up with my girlfriend who wanted to take me out on a special date....ended up having an AWESOME steak and sides at this new restaurant (coincidentally, this restaurant actually has a cigar bar...which, even though I don't drink, might come in handy for some N/A herfs in the future...) . After dinner, I went by a gas station in the ghetto to get some cigarettes for me and my girl.  This young fella in front of me in line was attempting to purchase 2 packs of smokes and a grape cigarillo.  They didn't have grape cigarillos, so he went with a swisher cigarillo.  Finding out that he didn't have enough coin for the cigarillo, he removed it from his purchase.  The look of dismay on his face was pretty noticable...I responded by asking him if that cigarillo was for him. He said that it was going to be for him to smoke, but couldn't afford it.  It was at this point that I realized that the El Cobre was in the top left pocket of my vintage lime-green guyabera.  I said," Always make room for a good stogie," and handed him the El Cobre.  He seemed sort of weirded out that this strange-looking white dude just handed him a cigar like this...He examined the stick, smelled it, thanked me and left the store.

Now, if it was a swisher blunt or phillie blunt, I would have known why he was going to buy it, and that it was going to probably be gutted and rolled with cheeba, but the cigarillo he was going to buy was for smoking.  This fella was going to go hang out with some friends and be the guy with the cigar.  The guy that says,"I'm smoking this cigar, and I love to smoke 'em." The guy that enjoys a good smoke and enjoys the leaf.  Even though we come from a racially SHITty area, with tons of residual conflict and distrust, I felt a certain kinship with this young buck. The love of the Leaf has the power to change lives.  

I enjoyed gifting him the El Cobre and hope that he smokes it and another fledgeling BOTL can blossom into more seasoned smoker...Just as I became, as a result of this experience.

bp.
That is very cool!

I hope that you get the chance to run into him again, and he tells you all about the smoke. I'm sure he told everyone about what happened, and they are as impressed as he is.

Good Work!

[bravo2]
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
Scott, This was PURE kindness toward another human! Another example of a FINE BOTL!
To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society.
Theodore Roosevelt

Nice work Scott.  [bravo2]

I had a similar experience last weekend, by hooking up the bouncer at a local bar.  When I lit up he actually called me a Sh!t Head, but he was joking, and only because he forgot his nightly cigar at home.

I dont remember who said it, but it was in the "how to turn down a shisher" thread.  Always bring a few smokes with you, no matter where you are going.

Obviously that is great advice, you never know who's day you are going to brighten a little with a random act of kindness.
I like smoking lightning