Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting News from USPS
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/04...d=webmail1
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
It would not surprise me if the bankrupt out the post office, then privitize it. It would eliminate all the union crap and shaft all the employees and customers equally.

Also....as per the article....anyone that counts on the post office for specific delivery dates/times....well....its not smart. You shouldnt do that, because the post office has never cared, or even made an attempt at caring. They shrug their shoulders and say they dont know what happened to your parcel. So once you throw something in the big blue box....you should not expect it to arrive in less than a week, in state, and in less then 3 weeks across the country....or ever, if you are going out of country.

I'm just cynical today. My knee hurts.
...moving along...nothing left to see here.
lol love it dommiomaestro
No Justice, No Peace!
Interesting read...
--Mike
I agree Dave!
Crazy times for the PO especially with on line billing and internet shopping.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
YEAH, I heard on the news this morning, they were talking about jacking the price of the stamp up .20-.30 to cover their losses. Supposedly if they did that, there would be no need for layoffs....Which I think is BS....
(12-06-2011, 03:39 PM)blacklabel Wrote: YEAH, I heard on the news this morning, they were talking about jacking the price of the stamp up .20-.30 to cover their losses. Supposedly if they did that, there would be no need for layoffs....Which I think is BS....

This is typical idiocy from our friends at the USPS. They always talk about raising prices and increasing revenues based on the number of items being mailed at the current price. But people aren't going to mail many letters at $.75 a whack, plain and simple. How many layoffs will they avoid once nobody is mailing anything?

... and don't hold your breath waiting for any Christmas Cards from me, cause I'm too GD cheap to mail 'em at $.44.
TL,
Tim
(12-06-2011, 04:50 PM)Tim J. Wrote: ... and don't hold your breath waiting for any Christmas Cards from me, cause I'm too GD cheap to mail 'em at $.44.

One of my fraternity brother's grandma's sends over 200 cards out for nearly EVERY holiday (halloween, Valentines, Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc). She's probably one reason they're still in business!
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
too much of the money we spend is on labor. we're over 80% on labor costs, where fedex and ups hover around and below 50. we still do things the same way they were done 75 years ago. manually sorting each individual package to it's destination in our processing centers is ridiculous. it seems to me the majority of all these things are just ways to get the government to give the ok for a 5 day work week. but how many people will drop their already ridiculously overpriced netflix, when they find out instead of getting movies in a 2 day turn around time, it's a 4 day turn around time. effectively a 100 percent increase in what they're paying. and why is there never discussion of increasing the cost that these companies pay to send out these junk catalogs that i get 30 of a week that go straight into the trash can?