Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holidays for the Troops
I do not want to step on any toes here but I would like to ask you guys to get involved. Not sure if someone does this but I searched and didn't find anything. I did this last year and it was a great success. I got back tons of pictures and I really want to do this again. If you can help great.

Fellas,

Here come the holidays and once again I really want to throw together a couple of nice packages to send to our soldiers overseas. The last time I did this it was a huge success and we got a few great pictures back.

I am asking for donations of cigars, cutters, lighters, magazines, and anything cigar related for our soldiers. I want to get this mailed out by the end of November so I am starting the collection now. I am donating 30 cigars, a lighter, and 5 cutters, with some magazines myself. The goal of this is to hit around the holidays between Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Your donation can be as big or small as you want. Anything you donate will be appreciated. I will once again ask that they send us some pictures so I can post the results. Depending on what is collected I plan on hitting 2 to 3 military units at least.

PM me for my address if you need it. A personal note or anything holiday related might be appreciated as well. I will be posting this on another forum to help out. Be sure to include your screen name with your donation so I can be sure everyone gets credit.

Questions, suggestions, input, just ask. Also, if you have any info on a military unit you think I should add to the list please let me know. I want to put together as many packages as I can and if I run short I have another BOTL that does huge military donations who would take the unit info.

Thank you!

Contributors:
XIKAR
Rhamlin - Cigar.com
pbchevo - Cigar.com
jj20030 - Cigar.com
kaspera79 - Cigar.com
PsychoSJG Cigar.com
Jimmie the Mum - StogieChat.com
Teck1337 - StogieCha.comt
allsmokedup - Cigar.com
@dmjones1009 - Twitter
Keith1911 - Twitter
JHewey - Cigar.com
RCY Cigars - Cigar.com
amz1301 - Cigar.com
firetruckguy - Cigar.com
kingjk729 - Cigar.com
Mephisto - Cigar.com
MTuccelli - Cigar.com
John Hays Cigar Co
JudoChinX - Cigar.com
UpInSmoke - CigarClubhouse.org
Eddie Ortega - EO Brands
Marker - Cigar.com
Shaun.Harrison87 - Cigar.com
90+ Irishman - Cigar.com
james40 - Cigar.com
stoneiraq - StogieChat.com
I like the idea. When I was in Baghdad, no one sent cigars, either for us to buy or otherwise, so it'll be good for the morale. Thanksgiving is not too bad of a holiday IMPO, but Christmas would be a good one to shoot for.
Git R Dun!
My troop packages go to the troops and not some officer. I have contacts who make sure they get spread out to as many troops as possible. Just an FYI. I know when I served things never got passed down to us. Certain officers & higher ranking NCO's hoarded all the goodies.
Helping out our troops is a good cause. Their are several people on the board that set up things like this.

I also volunteer once a month to help pack boxes for this organization: http://www.jacobsprogram.org/
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
My mom is a elementary school teacher, I have a few friends over in Afghanistan... she always 'adopts' them and sends out packages with letters from school kids, pictures, fun stuff, etc. She also just talked to a recent returned soldier who said the thing he missed most (other than family/friends) was the feel of grass under his feet... so she's started including little bags of grass seed (whether or not it actually grows once its there is something I ont know). I'll be sending out some cigars to my friends, with extras to share.
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Pm me your addy. I'll send you some stuff.
Fear no Evil... Take action to protect those who still survive the sickness..... Commanding General of the NSCO.... The Medic
(10-30-2011, 08:12 AM)Medic443stl Wrote: Pm me your addy. I'll send you some stuff.

Ditto, I'm in .
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
Sending replies now. I will post a pic of what is collected before I send it. Please include your forum screen name with your donation. If you want to add a note or anything unique for these guys go ahead. As soon as soon as the soldiers pictures or a note back I will post them here so you can see the impact we made.
(10-30-2011, 07:18 PM)jsnake Wrote: Sending replies now. I will post a pic of what is collected before I send it. Please include your forum screen name with your donation. If you want to add a note or anything unique for these guys go ahead. As soon as soon as the soldiers pictures or a note back I will post them here so you can see the impact we made.
That sounds cool! Drop me a PM.
I am trying to get a few companies on board as well.