Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I hate the electric company!
I just got a call from my electric company and they wanted to tell me all about their new money saving program, no contracts! All they have to do is come out and install a smart meter! I stopped the lady right there and told her that there is NO WAY they are putting a smart meter on our house!

Big Brother is starting to tick me off! I know they will eventually legislate it, but I'm not making it any easier for them.
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
I've heard that with those meters installed...during a heat wave they can automatically cut your power (re: no A/C)
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Us too, that's why I told them no. They want us to reduce our use in the summer between the hours of either noon and 4 or 4 and 9 pm. We don't use much energy then anyway, so it wouldn't save us much. Rarely a TV on, no lights needed, only occasional ac and I don't keep it cold here. What will they cut? Our clocks? They can shove it.
I'll try anything once, twice if I like it, three times to make sure. -Mae West
Amen, forget those smart meters.
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I had one and took it off.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
My parents have one. They get like an $8 a month credit or something. Whooo
I did some beta testing these devices a year or so ago... Last one I tested was pretty cool. It was circuit based so you could look at each individual circuit in the house individually. It did not transfer data to anyone except yourself.
--Mike
(10-20-2011, 10:32 AM)wtfdic Wrote: I did some beta testimonials these devices a year or so ago... Last one I tested was pretty cool. It was circuit based so you could look at each individual circuit in the house individually. It did not transfer data to anyone except yourself.

That would be cool.