Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 questions from a newb
Ok, I am probably annoying you guys, with redundant questions. But I guess being new, I want the best and wisest advice!. 

I have been really reading the humidification posts and it seems that beads seem to be the most favorable of them all. I am wondering...what i need to do with them. to be specific, I bought a small cheaper humidor to start off with, it holds aprox. 30 cigars for now. I want to know if anyone has an idea of how much of the beads to use for this many cigars? And is the "pantyhose" method the best for a small humi like I have?

Second question is the electric hygrometer. Is it really necessary to have one? and does it matter which one i get. As in, can it just have the humidity reading or should i get the one with the temp and humidity reading?  How accurate are they? and do most have to be calibrated before they are used or do most come pre calibrated... Thanks everyone for the help and I want  to say that this is the most user friendly site that I have found so far!
Question 1:  http://www.cigarmony.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=96

you can buy bulk beads when you get a bigger humi

your welcome  Wink
oh yeah...question 2:  http://www.cheaphumidors.com/HYGROSETII.html
Thanks so much. I am going to order these asap! You guys are great, I hope someday, i can actually be offering advice to newbs and not just pestering for it! Thanks so much again for your help. I have refered about 6 other people to check out this site!
Question about beads, 100 dollars

Question about hygrometers, 200 dollars

Answers from Steve, Priceless

There are some things money can buy, for everything else Stogie, theres StogieChat, don't store cigars without it.

[lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol][lol]
aka: The Bouncer
"I Herfed with The Mum" !! And have the shirt to prove it !!!!
I got my "Big Cock t-shirt from Tankie !!!