Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
let's talk about iphone
Combine the Droid and the IPhone.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
(10-06-2011, 07:27 AM)Jimmie the Mum Wrote: Combine the Droid and the IPhone.

...Drifone?
I refer to the android phones as hemorrhoid phones these days ...... for me they were a complete pain in the a$$, with the exception of the Sony Wingo got, my top of the range android phones dropped wifi signals, crashed regularly and even system restored during a call on one occasion. My personal opinion is that the android system in itself is a great OS, but when added to each separate manufacturers own little add ons to the system it becomes unstable and conflicts.

What my androids did well, they did very well ....... but a lot of money for a gadget that crashes is not acceptable for me.

I have gone back to the iphone ..... not the 4S though ..... just a 4 ..... the 4S had issues with the A5 processor overheating and for me it seems a bit rushed to release since missing the June date due to Steve being ill and the A5 issue, the A6 processor is released at the end of January, the iphone 5 will be the one to look out for.

I'll stick to the 4 for the time being ...... truth is, I'm kinda sick of the constant change of phones and I dont think I will ever go down the road of the 5 to 7 inch screens that are being predicted for the future.
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why
This thread needs a stogie.

[Image: dakogaadf.jpg]
But this is the nothing about cigars section.

If it needs a cigar then it also needs a Ron Zacapa
The 2 most important days of your life are: The day you were born & the day you find out why

Drone

IPhone + Droid =

iPood

(10-06-2011, 10:21 AM)Parkster Wrote: But this is the nothing about cigars section.

If it needs a cigar then it also needs a Ron Zacapa

[Image: bunny_pancake.jpg]

Jimmie, if they did that you'd get the worst of both worlds... How about an android where you cant change the battery...
What iphone features would you like to see on the droid?

Dave, my phone NEVER crashed (well, when I first got it, but they upgraded it for me for free)
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer
The WIFI issue on the Arc is well documented and the system crash on the HTC and Galaxy are also becoming more documented, I know of one other HTC owner personally that has had a mother board replaced due to loose solder in the case.

I have to add that I also know a lot of Android users who never experience issues for their whole term of ownership, but I also know a couple who have suffered the re-boot issue on rare occasion and simply put it down to the phones foible.

I think if the separate manufacturers were to ditch their own examples of apps in the pre-install it may help as my gut tells me it is a clash of software that causes the system crash, a bit like loading up an app that is not suitable will cause conflict, but the manufacturers will always want their own identity to be highlighted on their phones and that is why a lot of Android users jail break their phones.

I'm going back to the dark side, I can live with no signal in my home, I can live with the lack of customization to an extent.