Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Debit and card fees starting to hit
Test market MY A$$!!!

It hit our news yesterday so I Googled. It's just starting to surface with some credit cards charging annual fees again. They charge more for a sig up .10 each transaction. Wells Fargo, SunTrust has begun charging some customers a $5-a-month debit card fee and plans to expand it to others, and Regions Bank has a $4 monthly fee. JPMorgan Chase is testing a $3 fee in Wisconsin, according to Dow Jones Newswires. Bank of America may begin a test of its own. To their credit, US Bank and Capital One have no plans to try it out.
I have never owned a debit card. I buy EVERYTHING with my cards that pay ME from 2 to 5% and make money on them. I even use it to pay my phone, car insurance, cable and anything else I can think of. Will you pay for a card?

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-debit-card...1075.story

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

hell no!!!!
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
If my bank charges me to use my debit card I will find a new bank.
I like smoking lightning
I agree 100%. I'll start using cash again. Also those free checking accnts are starting to go away here.
They PUSH the debit cards to move us away from moving paper the checks. Now that it worked and we use less checks, they charge us.

We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered.

It is coming and happening now. You will be paying for debit card use and no more free checking accounts. Banks have to make their money somehow. You can thank the Dodd Frank Act.
Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
I don't use debit cards because I don't like people seeing where I spend my money. Cash is king baby

I have a PNC checking account and credit card and they haven't done me dirty yet. I know retailers pay banks to accept debit and credit cards, haven't heard of consumers having to pay to use them
-Pat
I know the card dock equipment costs big bucks for the stores. I wonder how the new phones with the swipe will work with this? WE have to pay more for a phone with that function and THEN then you have the phones that read barcodes. All this technology to cut the cost of doing business for the businesses. THEN they charge US a fee for it. BAD business if you ask me.

chase will charge you unless you use it so many times, or have direct deposit, i have the latter. never use it. I use my Amazon credit card for everything. I like the rewards.
My bank charges me if I depost to much money a month WTF. (true)
As Mr. Mum says "make the time you wont regret it"
2010 the year I got my a$$ handed to me from my fellow SC brothers!
I will unconditionally cancel any card with a fee. Period.
I noticed a few years back they will ship a bill 1 week before it's due. And if it arrives late, boom, late fee! Some of them the late fee stays for months!
Here too, if I get any fees at all, I cancel.
I do not pay fees (except amex which was upfront with it form day 1)
I do not pay interest. Period! I pay off every card in full when it comes.
Any card that charges interest from purchase date gets cancelled. Period!

Let them earn their money form the people with $32,000 balance and pay off only the interest (shame on the banks for letting this happen, this is a mortgage that will NEVER get paid. The borrower will eventually pass away and the principal will remain uncollected).
Jonathan Charles Axisa, my beloved son, 11/7/1979 - 7/8/2010

Ғµ(Ķ Cancer