Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
skiers or snowboarders?
With summer coming to a close and winter just around the corner all I can think about is snow. My parents started me and my brothers skiing as soon as we could walk, if not a little earlier. Great memories as a kid growing up on the mountain. When I was 13 I hung up the skis and picked up a snowboard. I was hooked immediately and went every chance I could. I have taken the last few years off due to some injurys. I tore my achilles tendon a few years back which kept me off the mountain. Then when I thought I was ready to go back I crashed my motorcycle and put a stop to my return.

Well I am really jonesing for some mountain time this year. I am riding my bicycle to get my legs back in shape and cant wait. My knees are not what they used to be, years of abuse is what the doctor said. I am going for it anyway. Of course I will be needing some new gear. Trying to save money means I will be finding something cheap on craigslist. Thats ok with me. A used board is better than no board.

Any other snow sports junkies out there?
I like smoking lightning

Up here in the Northwoods we consider Ice Fishing a sport. I can not wait.
I am a snowboard junkie! Love hittin' the mountain. Carl, what size shoe do you wear? I have some really nice Flow bindings that I don't want; never got used to that type of binding, preferring the strap bindings instead. The Flows are for a size 12 boot. They are yours if you want them.
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
I used to Ski in high school and college, but last year I took up snowboarding, and love it! My wife has been riding for years, so she helped teach me, and it's great to do it together Smile

Special thanks to Tim for the board!!!!
This is my boomstick!
I got into snowboarding a lot my senior year of HS and freshman year of college... then life sorta took over. if you're looking for a board, the only two boards I have ever bought came from eBay. Got GREAT deals on them. This was my last board, which I got super cheap and in perfect condition (as in... never been used).

http://www.crazysnowboarder.com/images/e...6/Axum.png
StogieChat's Resident Classic Truck Restoration Amateur.

--Graham
Same as you Carl I skied from 5-20 and then jumped on a board around 25 and never looked back. Since I surf and skate I picked it up really quick
THEY CALL ME THE SHEPHERD!!! AKA LK HUNTER, FACE BOOK MARIO HUNTER, THE GREAT ONE HUNTER, ETC.
I just drink in the ski lodge... does that count?

(09-14-2011, 11:00 AM)MaytagMan Wrote: I just drink in the ski lodge... does that count?

Ditto.
They call me The Mum - Jimmie the Mum
Viva Mumcero - Mahk 12/4/2010 - http://www.stogiechat.com/forum/thread-20737.html
Honorary Shield Brother
Weak people seek Revenge, Strong people Forgive, Intelligent people Ignore
I used to snowboard, then I got in a car accident and screwed up my knees. I just couldn't do it anymore. My wife would like to try skiing this year, so maybe we'll try that. I love to run snowmobiles tho! I am down to 4, which includes a little Arctic Cat Kitty Cat, for when my little guy is ready.

(09-14-2011, 05:36 AM)EvilAsh Wrote: Special thanks to Tim for the board!!!!

Steve, I am so glad that you are able to use it. Have fun brother!
~ 2010- The year I was "showered" with gifts from my SC Brothers.

Gratitude is when memories are stored in the heart, and not in the mind. Our hearts will not forget.
I live fairly close to some amazing ski resorts. Telluride, crested butte, vail, Aspen, breckenridge- but I never ski or snowboard. Went once when I was 19 or so, broke my arm, and decided not to do it again. I dominated that bunny slope though!