Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Dirt Maduro
Great review, Jes! It has an interesting blend of tobaccos: "Nicaraguan leaf combined with traditional black tobaccos from Syria, Turkey, St. James Parish and other exotic locales." So, maybe this is where that spiciness is coming from. Sounds like a great cigar.

In addition, it must be PO inspired as this picture really is on the Drew Estates blog for this cigar.
[Image: NATURAL_612x234.jpg]
"I will strive to live with love & care—upon the level by the square"
lmao
No Justice, No Peace!
(06-22-2011, 07:43 PM)The Diamond Lion Wrote: Great review, Jes! It has an interesting blend of tobaccos: "Nicaraguan leaf combined with traditional black tobaccos from Syria, Turkey, St. James Parish and other exotic locales." So, maybe this is where that spiciness is coming from. Sounds like a great cigar.

When you mention St James Parish, thats usually affiliated with Pipe tobacco for Perique. Perique has a very spicy, pepper taste so I wonder if thats what they have blended into it. I got to try one now.

Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
I was a little skeptical at first because it was called "Dirt" after all... But actually it was quite good. I'm gonna have to smoke the bigger one. That small one just didn't last long enough.
As long as I have coffee and a good smoke. No one gets hurt Big Grin
(06-22-2011, 08:36 PM)BDM53 Wrote:
(06-22-2011, 07:43 PM)The Diamond Lion Wrote: Great review, Jes! It has an interesting blend of tobaccos: "Nicaraguan leaf combined with traditional black tobaccos from Syria, Turkey, St. James Parish and other exotic locales." So, maybe this is where that spiciness is coming from. Sounds like a great cigar.

When you mention St James Parish, thats usually affiliated with Pipe tobacco for Perique. Perique has a very spicy, pepper taste so I wonder if thats what they have blended into it. I got to try one now.

It is not an infused cigar, but it has a sweetened tip and, as you say, more pipe style tobacco (exotic, non-traditional cigar tobacco) to give it a sweet and spicy flavor. Jonathan Drew is well-known for trying some radical blends. It makes for an interesting cigar.
Nice review! Smile

I've been smoking more maduros lately myself...might have to give that one a try.
If Sonny had EZ-Pass, he'd have survived that hit...
Never apologize mister, it's a sign of weakness. - Capt. Nathan Cutting Brittles
Thanks guys! Also, thanks for the info DL Big Grin
As long as I have coffee and a good smoke. No one gets hurt Big Grin
[/quote] Jonathan Drew is well-known for trying some radical blends. It makes for an interesting cigar.[/quote]

There is no doubt about that, especially when you mentioned Syria. That is normally affiliated with Syrian Latakia, that hasnt been available for many years, that is also spicy/peppery. Hell I want to buy one just to cut it open Smile

Branden

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?
Vince Lombardi
(06-23-2011, 12:00 AM)BDM53 Wrote: There is no doubt about that, especially when you mentioned Syria. That is normally affiliated with Syrian Latakia, that hasnt been available for many years, that is also spicy/peppery. Hell I want to buy one just to cut it open Smile

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!...Literally! Big Grin
Nice review, well done!